Even though the weather is cooler, we're still spending a lot of time outside enjoying the beauty of fall. It's also the perfect time to enjoy cozy evenings indoors with the family watching a movie, and eating some popcorn--two things that go hand in hand for me!
One of our go-to snacks that's also pretty healthy is Orville Redenbacher popcorn. We love it because it tastes good, contains no artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives, is made with 100% whole-grain, non-GMO popcorn, and is a high source of fibre.
Since we are also spending more time at home together as a family, trying to keep healthy while keeping our community safe, we are doing more baking and Orville Redenbacher has some great recipes that you can make at home with your children, incorporating popcorn--so fun!
I just made these homemade granola bars, and it's a really simple recipe--they're so delicious, too!
Orville's Power Crunch Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop 100 Calorie Buttery Flavour Microwave Popcorn
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 dried cranberries or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Line baking pan with parchment paper
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in bowl
- Prepare popcorn
- Combine brown sugar and butter/margarine in large bowl, mixing on high speed
- Add water and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy
- Gradually add flour mixture, blend well
- Add chocolate chips or cranberries
- Add popcorn, and continue mixing
- Spread mixture into pan, flattening out so it's evenly spread
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool before cutting into bars
Happy fall, everyone.