|Apple picking at Orleans Fruit Farm |
I'm no baker, and rarely post recipes on my blog, but since it's a rainy day in September (during a global pandemic, no less) I thought it would be the perfect time to share this delicious recipe!
One of our annual traditions is going apple picking, and we decided to make these simple apple cinnamon muffins that are perfect to eat as a snack, or even for breakfast. They're easy to make--my 12 year old made these on his own.
Here's what you need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups diced apples (peeled, obviously)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl--set aside.
- Mix 2 teaspoons flour with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss diced apples with the flour and cinnamon mixture in another bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar, and add one egg at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to this bowl, alternating with the milk. Stir until combined.
- Add in the diced apples and then scoop the mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Prepare muffin topping while muffins are baking.
- Once muffins have baked and cooled down, brush the butter on and then dip into the cinnamon mixture.