Skip to main content

2019 Resolutions


What are your goals for 2019? Sometimes I think we put too much pressure on ourselves with resolutions, but I think it's important to have some goals you want to achieve as the new year begins.

I always set fitness and healthy eating as top goals for myself, but I've made a lifestyle change over the last few months with regards to eating better and staying on top of my fitness routine, so my goals for 2019 will be to stay on top of my never-ending workload, by keeping my editorial calendar up-to-date, getting through my inbox in a realistic matter, and working on things I love, that I can share with my readers and audience.

Here are some ways you can make positive changes to your workload in 2019:

1. A stronger focus on personalization: When you're writing your blog or sending out email newsletters, remember to keep it personal. What started as a personal blog for me in 2007 turned into a business a few years later, and though I don't often blog about personal stories anymore, I keep my posts honest, review the things I love (whether it's beauty products or hotel stays) and share my personal opinions about the things I write about. Remember to deliver content that is tailored to your audience.

2. Increased awareness surrounding data security and privacy: Marketers and bloggers should expect 2019 to bring more security-savvy consumers who expect greater levels of safeguards in the products they use to reach their audience. Campaign Monitor, a leading provider of email marketing services, anticipates this trend and is continuously working on implementing security controls to help customers meet or exceed the needs of their subscribers.

3. More opportunities to practice accessibility: New technology like Google Home, Alexa, and Siri will end up changing how people interact with their email. There are a lot more things being read to you and you can now respond via voice, rather than with text. Make sure your emails can be read by voice-assisted devices, and use strong and compelling copywriting.

4. Authenticity will be the key to marketing success: Authenticity will be key to standing out in other people's inbox. People still love reading blogs that are authentic. With more brands than ever sending emails, the standard 'best practices' will not set you apart from everyone else. Take the extra steps to get to know your audience and customers and send relevant, targeted content based on their needs. Maybe even ask your followers and audience what they'd like to see from you in 2019!

5. Back to the email marketing basics: Email marketing is having a big moment and that's going to only get bigger in 2019. Keep things simple and have a solid content calendar in place. Don't forget: you have to get and keep people on your email lists for the content to matter.

6. Grow your list: The pressure on marketers and bloggers to grow their subscribers and email list will continue to rise and the methods for sourcing subscribers will become increasingly creative. Smart marketers and content creators will think critically about the lifecycle of their subscribers; with the subscribers interests in mind, you can grow your lists organically and encourage engagement for a longer period of time.


Disclaimer: This post was brought to you by Campaign Monitor, and all views and opinions are my own. I have received compensation for my partnership with Campaign Monitor.

Comments