Skip to main content

Thank You, Mom: The Road To The Rio 2016 Olympic Games With P&G And Crest

I've loved the Olympics since I was a little girl, and no, not just because I'm Greek, although it does make me proud that Greece is the birthplace of the Olympics. It's so much more than that for me, though. Watching my country compete against other countries from around the world makes me happy and excited. I love the beauty of seeing countries come together this way—the Olympics unites us in a wonderful way, no matter the sport, no matter who wins.

The beauty of it all truly lies in the story of the athlete—wherever they are from—and how they overcame obstacles and worked extremely hard to make their dreams a reality. Of course, none of that can be accomplished without the support, love, and tears from friends, coaches, trainers, and of course... family. Especially mom. (I'm going to start crying here!)

Every single time I watch a Thank You, Mom P&G video I cry. It doesn't matter how many times I see the same video, it brings me to tears. Maybe because I'm a mom, maybe because I can absolutely picture myself feeling that proud of my children, no matter what they do, or achieve. It take me back to when I was a child, competing in certain sports, and knowing that my mom was always there for me, proud of me, no matter the outcome. It is the greatest feeling in the world having that unconditional support and love from family.

If you haven't already seen the new P&G Thank You, Mom video yet, titled Strong, watch it now:



I mean... tears of joy, happiness, and just overwhelming emotion, right?

Being a mom is the hardest job there is. And as children grow, the challenges get bigger, too. It's how we teach, guide, and support them in whatever they love and are passionate about that'll help keep the bond strong. As part of P&G's dedication to bringing the best to moms around the world every day, P&G brands have partnered with Olympians and their moms on their journey to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, across 21 countries around the world, including Canada.

I'm happy to be supporting Crest and athlete Brianne Theissen-Eaton, who is a double Silver Medalist at IAAF Outdoor World Championships, Gold and Silver Medalist at IAAF Indoor World Championships, Commonwealth Gold Medalist, and a Pam Am Bronze Medalist.

P&G will be hosting a P&G Family Home in Rio de Janeiro, where athletes will enjoy a home away from home during the Olympic Games complete with beauty treatments from Pantene, Gillette, Tide, and of course, Crest. I love that P&G recognizes moms who support their children this way, and I truly love how P&G created the Thank you, Mom campaign.

Stay tuned for more from me as I work with Crest on a wonderful giveaway for one of my readers. In the meantime... time to start getting excited for the Olympics... and make sure you have some tissues to dry the emotional tears.



Disclaimer: I am a Crest Brand Ambassador. I have received compensation for my post and all views and opinions are my own. 

Comments