Skip to main content

Top Five Reasons to Shop At Nordstrom Ottawa #NordstromOTT

Nordstrom Ottawa is opening its doors today, after much excitement and anticipation. I am ALL CAPS EXCITED, you guys! I have been a long-time lover and shopper of Nordstrom—it is my favourite department store, after all—and after attending the #NordstromOTT Gala Wednesday night, it was great to see that all the things I love about Nordstrom will be the same in my hometown, with a local twist. (How amazing is it that $180,000 was raised for United Way Ottawa and the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation because of the Gala?)


Bright and early today (starting at 7:30 a.m.) you can attend the Nordstrom Ottawa Beauty Bash, to get a look at what's in store for you (no pun intended) and to meet some of the lovely people who will be working behind your favourite beauty counters. (I'm still in awe of this package of amazing products Nordstrom sent my way to review. Best. Gift. Ever.)


From the Nordstrom pre-gala party  (which was a great way to welcome Nordstrom to Ottawa!) to the media preview of the 157,000 square-foot department store, to the VIP night in a Sens Suite (where I hung out with some wonderful people, including the amazing and charming John Bailey, Nordstrom's Spokesperson extraordinaire) it has been such a fun ride waiting for Nordstom to open. Yes, I love to shop, and yes, I'm easily excited, but you guys... this is huge news for Ottawa.




Here are my top five reasons to shop at Nordstrom Ottawa:  

1. One stop shopping. You can find it all at Nordstrom, from your favourite beauty products to accessories and clothes, for men, women, and children. (There's even an amazing lingerie department where you can finally stock up on Hanky Panky!) You can shop home decor, too. I love that this department store provides affordable options as well as exclusive, more expensive brands. Tory Burch, French Connection, Kenzie, Vince Camuto, Diane von Furstenberg, Kate Spade, Rag & Bone, Ted Baker, and Michael Kors are just some of the names you'll see as you shop.


2. The shoe department. Nordstrom started out as a shoe store in Seattle back in 1901. Trust me, Nordstrom knows shoes. The shoe shopping experience is my favourite part about shopping at Nordstrom! You'll be blown away at just how many shoes there are. And I need them all. I do!

3. Bazille restaurant. Rest your tired feet after hours of shoe shopping at Bazille restaurant, and enjoy all the delicious food and wine as you relax with friends. Bonus? An amazing patio to enjoy eating and drinking outside when the weather is nice out. (If you need a quick bite or an espresso, Nordstrom Ottawa also has a coffee shop on the main floor for a little pick-me-up.)

4. The service. I've always found the service to be excellent at Nordstrom, and this is very important to me. I love knowledgeable employees who are smiling and helpful, and Nordstrom does a great job of hiring the right people for the job.

5. Pretty things. Everything is pretty in Nordstrom. Just walk in, and you'll see what I mean. You can't shop at Nordstrom and not be in a happy mood, especially when you're surrounded by everything that is pretty. Put on those Michael Kors sunglasses. Feel the soft leather on that gorgeous Rebecca Minkoff bag. Try on the Jimmy Choo heels. It's retail therapy at its best.

These are just five of many reasons I love Nordstrom.

And now, I have to go—I've got some shopping to do!

Happy shopping, Ottawa.

Comments

Meg said…
It is great and exciting to hear that Ottawa beat some of the Canadian fashion meccas at getting some new luxury retail. The asthetics if the store are beautiful, how product assortment with the brands is nothing to write home about. I will still be doing the bulk of my luxury shopping in Toronto or Stateside. Nordstrom Ottawa carries Alexander Wang handbags - but only a limited amount of dated styles and only in black. They carry Valentino - but just the studded pumps that soon everyone will have. How long will Nordstrom last in Ottawa? It's hard to say.