Skip to main content

Birthday Party Ideas In Ottawa

I love planning my children's birthday parties, and most of the time, we have the celebrations in our home, even though kids are loud and crazy, because I love entertaining in my house. (Wine helps, too!)

Usually with my oldest son we have his birthday party outside, since it's during the summer, and luckily, we've always had great weather. 

We have a lot of fun with his parties—from ice cream stations to a cotton candy machine and popcorn machines, the kids always have a blast playing outside, and inside, too. We have games, crafts, and so much more, and it's such a memorable time. 

For the last several years, we've had a great big pool party at my in-laws house, because they have a beautiful big backyard, with a great sized pool for all the kids (and adults!) to enjoy. 

Nothing like a summer birthday party that includes a BBQ, friends, and swimming, right? We like to go all out for the cakes, too! Every year it's something different for both our boys, depending on what they're loving that year, from sharks to Minecraft. (Yes, you can even eat the shark's head!)


My favourite creation was my oldest son's Minecraft cake last year—it was exactly what he wanted, and it tasted amazing, too.


For my youngest son who loves animals, especially crabs and alligators, we ordered him a crab and alligator cake last year, and he loved it so much. It went along with his Little Ray's Reptile Zoo party. Little Ray's come over to our house, complete with a full-sized alligator, a python, a falcon, a scorpion and a tarantula. I was scared, but the kids had the time of their life!


We work with a wonderful cake lady who always create for us exactly what we want. My other favourite cake was the huge treasure chest cake she made, complete with chocolate pearls, for my son's pirate-themed party. Everything was edible, actually—it was so unique and cool!


This past January, to celebrate my little one's sixth birthday, we had a great Ottawa magician come over to entertain him and his little friends. He was great, and came highly recommend from many of my friends. I knew the kids would have a blast with him. He's also a great balloon creator, and the kids all got to take home whatever they wanted, from flowers to animals! If you're looking for a great magician for your child's birthday party, or even for a baptism, check out this great Ottawa magic man! You won't be disappointed.


There are so many wonderful things to do for children's birthday's in Ottawa, from entertaining in the home with magicians, animals, or just having a classic outdoor pool party. If you don't feel like entertaining in the home, you can always check out Ottawa's many museums because they offer great birthday party package, too. We love visiting the Children's Museum, and they have fun birthday party packages for kids from three to 12 years old. 

My favourite loot bag idea? Books, and Mabel's Labels Loot Bag Combos! We have ordered these for a few parties and they're a huge hit with everyone. 


Whatever you decide to do, have fun, and happy celebrating!

Comments