Skip to main content

Keen Shoes: Follow Your Feet (And Make Your Own Adventure)



As a mom, every day is an adventure. When I wake up in the morning, I never know what the day will bring, but I know it will involve some excitement, even if it's getting my kids out the door on time for school.  (That can be a work-out in itself!) Now that the weather has warmed up, it's hard to keep my children inside, which is a very good thing. We've been craving warmer, carefree days for a long time now, and we love spending as much time as possible outside, exploring the great outdoors.

Taking a walk after dinner, spending time at the parks in our neighbourhood, and exploring the forest in the ravine near our home is an evening ritual for my family during spring and summer.

Although I'm a fan of heels of all kinds, and only wear heels when I'm out of the house—yes, even to the grocery store—I've come to realize that I have to put comfort first is when I'm out exploring with my boys. Because going down a ravine in heels is just not wise, you know? (I don't want to break a heel!) Also, flats and sandals can be stylish and cute, and of course, completely comfortable.

I received a pair of KEEN sandals as part of my involvement with the 2014 Chatelaine Tasters and Testers program, and the first thing I thought when I saw the shoes was how comfortable they looked, and how they were definitely coming to Greece with me this summer.

They reminded me of my favourite sandals that got me through quite a few summers in Europe, where I spent many hours of every day walking around the towns and villages I was exploring.


Wearing these sandals on the warm days we've had so far this spring has been great for my feet. I'm even able to catch up to my boys when they are riding their scooters or bikes, I can feel safe about exploring uneven ground, and I don't have to worry about breaking a heel.

Every evening as we explore the great parks and walking paths in our neighbourhood, it's a journey. We talk about our day, laugh, and play games. It's exercise, it's fun, and it's our time to bond, something that's so important when you consider how busy our days can get with school, work, and extra-curricular activates that have us driving around to lessons and classes instead of spending time together, without a set agenda.


Swinging at the park, riding our bikes, and just taking walks with my family are important to me, and make each day memorable. What I'm wearing on my feet can increase the "fun" factor, too. My KEEN sandals are perfect for this season.


Disclaimer: As a member of the Chatelaine Tasters and Testers Program, I receive compensation and products for review. All views and opinions are my own. 


Comments