Skip to main content

Top Five Holiday Movies To Get You In The Mood (For Christmas!)

Can you believe Christmas is just a few weeks away? (Yay!) Before the panic sets in because you haven't started shopping yet and you're hosting Christmas for your family of 35, why not kick up your feet and relax with one of these holiday classics that'll make you smile and get in the spirit of all things festive?

Here are my picks for BEST HOLIDAY MOVIES EVER:

Love, Actually

Oh, this movie... my heart... you know.

This scene right here:





Enough said.

Home Alone

True story, you guys. When Home Alone came out 20 years ago (Yes, 20 years ago. I know. We're old, okay?) I loved it so much, I saw it in theatres three times. Little did I know that this holiday movie (shout-out to John Hughes) would become my five year old's favourite movie. He went through a phase where he actually collected Home Alone DVD's like hockey cards. Let's not talk about that, because I may weep over the money I spent on this collection. Anyway, I'm glad my child has great taste in movies, and even though I've seen Home Alone way too many times, it's still on my list, because, well, it's awesome.



Elf

Elf is absolutely my most favourite Christmas movie ever. I watch it a few times every year, and laugh hard every. single. time.

"Buddy the Elf, what's your favourite colour?"



Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch. I love watching this movie with my boys because it's so heartwarming when evil Grinch becomes good, thanks to little Cindy Lou Who. It's a classic I truly love.



Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer

This is the one movie I get excited about every year but never really watch because I get bored easily. My children don't last for the entire movie, either, but we have good intentions. It's just nice to have it on in the background, even if we're busy doing other things around the house. It's a classic, and it's actually the longest-running holiday movie in TV history.



Honorable Mention: It's A Wonderful Life.

One popular holiday movie I have yet to see? The Christmas Story. Can you believe it?

What are your favourite holiday movies?

Comments

Sue2Sueper said…
I like Charlie Brown Christmas!