Skip to main content

Lost In The World Of Play... And Imaginext

I've found that one of the great joys of parenthood is watching your children get lost in the world of play. As much as I love playing with my kids—I'm a very hand-on mom—I also enjoy sitting back and watching my children, as a silent observer.  I love wondering where their wild imaginations will take them, and what they'll think of next.

Sometimes I'll catch my boys talking to each other, and I try hard not to laugh out loud at the things they say. Whether they're playing at the park, running around the neighbourhood, or swimming together, they are definitely on their own adventure.

Often, I'll catch my five year old deep in play, with his favourite Fisher-Price Imaginext  toys. An entire part of our family room is devoted to these toys, and that's fine with me, because this child of mine plays for hours on end. He has a great way of setting up all his little people and then taking them on a wild adventure from Joker's Funhouse to the Batcave. Helicopters, car chases, you name it, he's got a scene going on in is head that he acts out perfectly. Complete with character voices, too.

Before being introduced to the Imaginext line, I thought our Fisher-Price days were over, because my boys were out of the baby and toddler stage. I was so glad when I discovered all the great toys Fisher-Price had for older kids. Now, Imaginext has come out with a new line I know my little boy will love... Ed Venture! Thanks to Fisher-Price and Mom Central Canada, my little one is going to get an amazing surprise come Christmas morning: the new Imaginext Rescue City Center. I'm looking forward to watching my little one create some rescue adventures at the gas station, bank, hotel, fire station, and police station. He's going to love this!


If you think your children would love to get lost in the world of Ed Venture, you should enter this great Imaginext contest where you'll play an online game to unlock the next phase by solving clues. Once the 9 clues are solved and the game is won, you'll be entered to win 1 of 5 $300 Imaginext prize packs that include:

The Imaginext Rescue City Center
The Imaginext Mega Apatasaurus
The Imaginext Eagle Talon Castle 
The Imaginext Batcave

Isn't that a great bundle of awesome to receive? Whether you'd keep them all for your children, give them away as holiday gifts, or donate some to your favourite children's charity, entering this contest is so worthwhile.

Then you can sit back, and watch your little ones get lost in their own adventures, too!


Disclosure: I am part of the Fisher-Price Imaginext Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

Comments