Skip to main content

Top Looks For Fall

I've finally come to terms with the fact that summer is over. I guess I don't really have a choice since it's fall, right? I sometimes have a hard time accepting change, especially when it's change I don't embrace. Now it's time to put one fashionable foot in front of the other and embrace fall and all the fabulous things that come with it—shopping, shopping, and more shopping. Maybe this is just a coping mechanism for me so it makes dealing with the fact that colder days are coming, or maybe it's just because I love to shop. Either way, there are so many wonderful things in store for fall. Literally.

Here's what you should totally add to your wardrobe right this second:

1.  A statement coat: Guys, I know. It's still September, and even though we can still technically get away with wearing flip flops, stores are already selling their hottest winter coats. I picked up my statement coat at Banana Republic the other day, (this one right here, because how cute!) so I don't have to worry about looking for a coat in the midst of our first snowstorm, and also because I wanted to get it out of the way as early as possible. Of course this winter I'll also be keeping warm and toasty in my beloved Canada Goose coat. (Thank you, Canada Goose!)

2. Cobalt Blue: I'm obsessed with this colour, and thankfully, it's everywhere this season. A cobalt blue sweater looks so hot paired with black leather leggings, your favourite pair of go-to jeans, and a pencil skirt. You cannot go wrong. So go forth and shop blue.

3. Cute boots: I love boots almost as much as I love my summer wedge heels. And every year, I need a pair or two. Or three, because we have such rough winters. I always need a pair of warm boots that are comfortable (and safe) for wearing when I'm with the kids, and I always need a great pair to go with skinny jeans and another pair to go with everything else. These are my top five favourite booties. 

4. LBD (with a twist): I have a lot of LBD's in my closet, because they can be worn all the time, no matter the event. This season, it's all about the LBD, but with a twist. Like this dress. I love it.

5. Little bit of lace: I've been having a love affair with lace for the last few months and I'm happy to see lace is still hot for fall. Ann Taylor has some great lace tops right now, and I'm stocking up. I think a lace top is incredibly sexy and perfect for the holidays... and yes, I'm starting to think that far ahead!

For more hot looks for fall, make sure to read my shopping blog. 

What are some of the looks you're lusting after this fall?

Comments