Skip to main content

Memories Of Days Gone By

I'm having a moment today... a trip down memory lane, if you will. I started looking through baby pictures of my children, and it's brought a tear to my eye. I'm not sure how the years have gone by so quickly, but if I could give some advice to new moms it would be this: Cherish every second, every sleepless night, every cuddle, and every diaper change. Remember it all. Before you know it, your children will be older, and you'll wonder how the years passed so fast!

It's not easy for me to part with special clothes my boys wore when they were babies, like the fire truck pj's they both wore when they were two months old, or the toys they loved the most. I keep all these special things in a big box in our basement, and I'll never give them away.

One item that I (and my babies) truly loved was the Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium. If I turn on the soothing music today, it's an instant flashback to the days I'd put my babies to sleep in their crib, and see their smiling faces when they woke up from their nap.



The Ocean Wonders Aquarium was one of the first things I added to my baby registry when I was pregnant with my first born son, and it's the one item I knew would be passed down to my second baby when he was born. I loved watching them look at the moving fishies, and get sleepy and relaxed listening to the soft music.

Another Fisher-Price item both my boys used (and loved!) was the Fisher-Price Infant to Toddler Rocker. I even fed them both their first meal of cereal in this rocker, before we moved on to the high chair. Now my boys use this rocker when they're playing with their toys, and it has also come in handy when my sister comes over with her two year old and one year old. I am always prepared for little visitors!


Fisher-Price has identified 12 items that have been deemed Fisher-Price Favourites and both these items made the list. No surpirse to me, though!

If you're looking for quality items for your children (or looking to add items to your baby registry) that are guaranteed to last, encourage child development, and support children in achieving milestones, check out the Fisher-Price Favourites list:

Gear Items:

1.    Ocean Wonders Aquarium
2.    My Little Snugabunny Cradle N Swing
3.    Infant to Toddler Rocker
4.    SpaceSaver High Chair
5.    Discover’n Grow Jumperoo

Toys:

6.    Brilliant Basics Rock a Stack
7.    Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy
8.    Laugh & Learn Say Please Tea Set
9.    Laugh & Learn Click ‘n Learn Remote
10. Brilliant Basics Stroll-Along Walker
11. Little People Wheelies Stand ‘ n Play Rampway
12. Little People Animal Sounds Farm

As my boys got a little older, play time became more important, and Little People soon became a favourite toy they played with. They both loved the Little People Animal Sound Farm, and it's still in our house for when their little cousins over to play. I also love buying the Little People Wheelies Stand 'n Play Rampway and the Little People Animal Sounds Farm for my friends who have young children. I know they'll get great enjoyment from playing with these toys.

Fisher-Price has always been a staple in our house, even back in the days when I was a little girl. In many of my childhood photos, you'll always see a Fisher-Price toy peeking out in the background. I love good quality, and I love that Fisher-Price has been around for all these years.

Here's a great bonus for my readers: Mom Central Canada and Fisher-Price are offering you a discount code so you can go shop! You'll receive 20% off Fisher-Price Favourites at Toys 'R Us. Just enter the code FISHERPRICE20 when you visit Toys 'R US and enter your special PIN code. This code is valid until April 30th.



Happy Shopping... and make sure to enjoy every moment!


Disclosure: I am part of the Fisher-Price Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have that rocker! I love that rocker! Now on child #3 that rocker has endured.

Great post Loulou.