Skip to main content

Adventure boy

My always determined and curious 4 year old recently went on an expedition - in search of fossils. It was an adventure he was very excited about, getting up early, packing his backpack with the essentials like eye goggles, a hammer, a chisel, and a plastic bag for storing his 'treasures'. Oh, and of course, some snacks and water, too!

He walked towards the river, happy as can be, and when he got to the water's edge, he got down to business, taking off his backback, and getting to work.



After spending over 15 minutes breaking apart rocks, he found what he had set out to find - a fossil! A fossil of a shell. He was so proud and could have stayed all day, exploring, and doing his thing.


I'm proud of my big boy, for having such a cool interest, and for loving the great outdoors. I love watching him grow and seeing his interests change as his discovers new things. He never ceases to amaze me, from the things he says on a daily basis, to the things he does.

Comments

What a handsome little adventurer!
Very cute! I love the adventuring stuff boys do, it is so cute!
Krista said…
Good for him for finding that fossil! Maybe this will be his calling. He looks so ready to tackle those rocks! :)

Happy Tuesday.
He's soooooooooo cute!! Loved these pictures.
Anonymous said…
he is just scrumptious.
Lady Mama said…
That is so cool! He is such a smart and cute little guy.
Unknown said…
How cute, I love it! It's so fun to watch them discover things like this. :)
That is pretty awesome for a first time fossil finder!!!
How cool. I think I would have had a blast right along with him if I were there!! Fun stuff
He actually found a fossil??? WOW! I would have been preparing my boy for the possibility that he wouldn't find anything. But your guy clearly has a talent!!!
Unknown said…
WHat a COOL little boy! And adorable to boot. I love that he LOVES such a neat thing like fossils.