Skip to main content

A holiday update



I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas! I can't believe it's over already - that's a little disappointing for me because I love Christmas! Even though I'm sad it's over until next year, I have to say to it was a very beautiful Christmas. It is so much more amazing with children, you know? So many wonderful memories made... so many magical moments!

"Mommy, Christmas was so beautiful!" my 4 year old said to me, on the drive home from my inlaws last night, and he's so right. It really is a beautiful time.

It was fun, but boy, was it hectic!

We hosted a party for about 25 of our friends on the 23rd, and that morning, my 4 year old woke up with a very bad ear infection. Of course, we went to the doctors, and sure enough, Christos was prescribed antibiotics, just like his brother. 2 sick little boys on Christmas - not ideal, but they were still troopers. Ear infections turned into conjectivitis turned into sore throats and runny noses - yet again. It seems it's non-stop sicknesses so far this winter, which is why I hate winter so much! My boys seem to be constantly sick. However, they had a really nice evening out with my parents, and even enjoyed dinner at the National Arts Centre, at Le Cafe - I have fond memories of going there with my parents when I was younger, too.

Here are some pictures of my friends and I...

Look what I got - a new calendar for my wall at work!







The next day, Christmas Eve, was celebrated with my entire family at my parents house - it was a lovely evening with lots of great food, music, and lots of presents and craziness. Yes, I was spoiled, but not as much as my boys! In a few years, we'll start attending midnight mass again - that is one thing I miss since having children - it's just way too late to take them to church, though.

One of my favourite things to eat on Christmas Eve is my grandmother's special Greek Chicken Soup - here she is feeding my baby boy... yum!



My mom and my son getting ready to open presents...



... and Dimitry, having a little too much fun!





Christos woke up really early with his sore throat on Christmas Day (we're talking 4 a.m early, and we had just fallen asleep at 2, so yeah, zombies...) and despite everything, he was happy to discover all the goodies left him in his stocking - especially all the gems, crysals and rocks! He was also happy that Santa enjoyed his cookies and milk.



He couldn't wait for his brother to wake up to show him what Santa left. They were so happy - opening present after present - it took me two days to finally tidy up my house and put everything away! We went overboard, and next year, I'm totally toning it down. (I say this now - please remind me of this next year, as I'm likely to forget, okay?)





I received a pretty blue box from Tiffany & Co. from my boys, with this amazing necklace, symbolizing the three boys in my house who love me... awww!



Honestly, this is the necklace I desperately wanted, but never told anyone - amazing how my hubby just guessed correctly, right? I also found out that he bought me my own domain name - yes, for real! Now I'm just loulousviews.com! Yahoo! Talk about an excellent stocking stuffer for this blogging loving mama!

We then enjoyed the rest of the day at my inlaws house, where the children had even more fun, and opened even more presents!



Also? I'm leaving on a jet plane soon - a ladies only trip - well, a trip with my grandmother, my mother, my pregnant sister, myself, and my two boys, of course! We're heading down south, where the sun will warm us all up, and the sound of the waves crashing on the beach will make me very happy indeed... I can't wait to build sand castles with my boys, and leave the winter boots behind, at least for a while! Flip flops, here I come! I need the sun and the sand, and I crave the warm weather!

Anyway, from my family to yours... I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, a lovely holiday season, and I hope your 2010 is filled with love, health, and happiness!

Comments

CaraBee said…
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Those boys are so lucky!

Sophie went crazy unwrapping presents. In fact, we had to hide all of the presents that we were taking over to my in-laws because she wanted to unwrap them, too. She was a present-opening fiend. It was fun.

Jealous of your upcoming trip! We're talking about going skiing. That's right, from cold Maryland to colder Colorado. We're insane.
Looks like a wonderful Christmas - but honestly, I wouldn't expect anything else from you. Do you ever have a so-so holiday? Can't see it... Love the pictures - they really captured the "magic". AND I love your necklace. What a lovely surprise. That husband of yours is quite the mind reader.
Kelly said…
Sounds like a great Christmas even with the sickness. So jealous of your upcoming vacation. Have a great time
Sounds like a fabulous Christmas! I love the necklace and the domain name is very thoughtful. Have a wonderful getaway!
What an amazing holiday you had!! Sorry you are sick... we have all had colds here too... ;(
Your sunny trip sounds wonderful about now!!
daddybookins said…
Looks like everyone had a blast! Sorry to hear of the ear infection, that is never fun...for anyone involved! Until next Holiday Season, here's to a charming new year!

Peas Out!
~daddy b.
Stephanie said…
Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas! Your bling is beautiful:) Hope you are all feeling healthy before you jump on the plane!
Pres. Kathy said…
It looks like you had a beautiful Christmas with your family. The boys looked like they had fun opening their gifts. My little Niko kept saying, "allo presents" He didn't care so much what they were, he just wanted to open them!! :-) I love the Tiffany necklace - stunning. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip - ENJOY! I have to say I am a little jealous because it is cold and snowy here. Have a Happy New Year filled with all of God's Blessings.
Lady Mama said…
Looks like you had a wonderful time. You look beautiful in the pictures! We went overboard with the gifts as well - it was all a little overwhelming, between the toys and the food and all the people. Also love the necklace from your husband - what a thoughtful gift!
The Black Sheep said…
Love the pics! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!!
Very cool! I am totally toning down Christmas next year too. Too much stuff! Let's remind eachother, ok?
Oh, honey, Merry Christmas! Such awesome gifts... omg, the necklace and domain! Yay!
Being sick over the holidays is terrible. We've had several illnesses non-stop since September. I hope the boys are doing better now. Much love to you all! xoxo
Cynthia said…
Everyone was sick here as well...and yes, it took me days to clean up the house. The kiddos look like they had a blast:)
Shana said…
looks like a wonderful Christmas! enjoy your trip--sounds fabulous!!
Theta Mom said…
That calendar cracked me up! Why am I not surprised? lol Looks like you had an amazing holiday! So glad I got to "meet" you this year! :)
BeachMama said…
Sounds like such a wonderful Christmas. You all look so fabulous dressed up for the holidays. And the boys look thrilled with their presents.
Unknown said…
So glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. And yay for the WARM trip. So jealous! : )
Suzanne said…
Love the pics, Lou! And the necklace - gorgeous! Looks like you had an awesome Christmas, and I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. Love you, babe! xoxoxox
Glad you had a such a great (although hectic) Christmas. I hope the boys are feeling better.

I love the necklace. It's beautiful.

And, what a cool hubby to buy you your own domain name.
MamaJoss said…
Oh I love all of these photos -- you guys look like you had an amazing time despite the icky sickies :( Your necklace is amazing...I'm a huge fan of the little blue box - my girls wore Tiffany Blue at our wedding :) I guess I'm going to have to update my link to your blog - yipeeee! So happy for you - awesome post!!! On to a Happy New year...
Jessica said…
AW! I LOVE that necklace!! And I was dying to see what your beautiful home looked like at Christmas with all of the loot... looks like magic.

I hope you have fun on your trip! Sounds like a blast :)