Skip to main content

35 things

It's my BIRTHDAY! I'm 25 35 years old. I'm not getting any younger, am I?


The truth is, I'm okay with 29. I mean, 30. FINE, 35.


Seriously, there is nothing scary about getting older.


I still feel as youthful today as I did when I was 20. Except, well, I'm more tired. And sometimes, I ache. And I've recently caught myself squinting at my computer screen. Anyway, let's not focus on those things! Age is just a number, after all, and not nearly as important a number as the one on the inside of your jeans! (Ha.)

There are some things I miss about being younger, like not having to worry about real life issues. Real life issues like bills and cooking and worrying about your children when they are sick. I've got to say, life was far easier when I was younger, when life's biggest worry was whether or not I'd score a good parking spot as I arrived always late to campus. Or the stress about what I was going to wear every morning. Wait - I still worry about that! I guess some things never change, huh?

It's been a year full of good memories, a year filled with the little things that matter the most, a year of growth, and a year of happiness. I loved sharing my exciting news with everyone about being a top ten finalist for the co-host position on Daytime Ottawa, (I'm hoping you vote for me!) and taking a trip down memory lane thinking about where I'm from.

I had an amazing vacation with the family in Maine this summer, enjoyed a girls weekend getaway, and survived the END OF THE WORLD. Of course, there were moments of complete panic, when I wasn't worrying about Doomsday.

I attending my second BlogHer, and shared my experiences about motherhood with my readers. I was on the Marilyn Denis show, and had a health scare that involved my first mammogram. I got a few things off my chest, too - and blogged about all the things that annoy me. God, that felt good.

Looking back, it was a very busy, wonderful year - and I am thankful for so much. This year, I'll be spending my birthday in Toronto with my family and friends. I've been invited to stay in a two-floor suite at the Marriott Yorkville! Yorkville, you say? Thankfully, it is my birthay, so any shopping I do will be guilt-free, right?

I thought I'd also celebrate my birthday by sharing with you 35 things I absolutely love:

My children.



My incredibly supportive family.
Being Canadian.
Ativan on plane rides.
Pizza and Diet Pepsi.
Best friends.
Good Health.
Movies and movie popcorn.
Krispy Kreme donuts.
Days when calories don't count.
My children's laughter.
Sleeping next to my children.
Shopping, and finding amazing shoes on sale.
Swimming in the ocean, and listening to the sound of the waves.
Blogging, and the incredible connections and friends I've made because of it.
Twitter.
Awesome TV shows, like Curb Your Enthusism.
Books I don't want to put down.
A good blow-dry.
White wine.
Traveling to places I love (Miami!) with the people I love (My family!)
Driving in my new VW, with the windows down, listening to awesome music.
Good news stories.
Happy surprises.
Chocolate.
Watching my son on the soccer field.
Listening to my children's conversations.
Playing with my boys.
Slipping into that new LBD.
Hours in the book store.
Starbucks.
Hugs that linger and never ending laughter.
Kisses from my boys.
Achieving my goals.
Incredible opportunties.

What are some things YOU love and are thankful for?

Comments

Avitable said…
Happy birthday, Lou! And of course you love Twitter - you're on it like 24 hours a day!
Alicia xoxxo said…
Great post! Happy Birthday!!!
I am thankful for my baby boy, my supportive husband, and Coke Zero!
Have a fabulous weekend!!!!
Karl said…
Happy Birthday, Loukia! I'm thankful for Twitter, since it let me meet you. And I'm thankful (though dreading) for my upcoming shoulder surgery on Tuesday. It's long overdue.
Working Mommy said…
Happy Birthday!!

I am thankful for my chitlins and The Man - they make my world go around!

I'm your newest follower - Have a wonderful weekend!

WM
sharon said…
Happy Birthday Loukia. I'm thankful for every day I get to be on this earth.

Also wine.

Definitely wine.
Happy Birthday! I'm thankful that back-to-school is around the corner...and that I look pretty good for 45...and for my 13-yr-old unsophisticatedNYerasofnow daughter...and that it is 10:55 AM and that 13-yr-old is still asleep.
Angella said…
Happy, happy birthday, pretty lady!

Looking forward to seeing you again next month at Blissdom Canada!!
Weebsurfer said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKY!

I think I'm rather thankful that 39 feels so much better than 19 or 29 did and looking forward to 40! I think it was around 35 that it really sunk in for me that age is just a number. It's up to you what it means. So make the most of it! I think you're doing a darned fine job of that!
Make Mommy Chic said…
Hi Loukia- have a great birthday. You look fabulous for 25, oops, i mean 35. Hope that you have a great time here in Toronto! Maybe I'll run into at Holt's (hehe). Have a great weekend!
Karen Bodkin said…
Yay! Happy birthday Louks! Can't wait to see you in October! I'm thankful to call you my friend. <3
Tonya (tonya_vallati) said…
Happy Birthday!!! Cheers!!! Best wishes to you xo

I'm thankful for all of life's little moments. And Starbucks...and vino...and shoes...
Stephanie said…
Oh how sweet! Happy Birthday to you my friend:) Hugs!
OHmommy said…
Happy happy birthday girlfriend!
Happy Birthday, darling Lou! xoxo
Happy Belated Birthday! You'll always be younger than me. ;)
CaraBee said…
Sorry I'm late! Happy Birthday! There is much to love, to be sure. Age is nothing but a number, cliche though that is. It's all about your attitude. And you've got a great one. Here's to another great year!
Unknown said…
I'm sorry I'm SO late to wish you Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a fabulous time at the hotel and 35 is a great age, trust me!!

LOVE your list!

xoxo