Skip to main content

Take me away!

If this is going to be the last post I publish before Rapture, I don't want it to be about something frivolous, like how much fun I had appearing on Daytime Ottawa talking about blogging, or my upcoming photo shoot with Ottawa Magazine, or how happy I was that Puck wasn't the one to die on Glee last night. (Phew!)

I want to talk about something more serious, like what we're all going to wear for Rapture.

And if we're RAPTURE READY or not!


I'll be honest, my brain hurts, trying to make sense of it all. I've read some really confusing things.

Basically, the end of the world is taking place this weekend: "The dead in Christ will rise, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord."

Don't worry, though; you still have time to repent. And oh, LORD, do I have some repentin' to do. I'm sorry, God! I'm just a mere mortal! I looooove you. Okay, moving on...

I kept hearing about the Tribulation and although I know the meaning of the word, I wasn't sure what it had to do with Rapture, and then I started singing Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkel because remember the part that goes: "Tribulation.... she loves me again..." but then I realized I had the word wrong; it's Jubilation, not Tribulation. Anyway. I digress...

The truth is, I didn't know what Rapture was until a few days ago. I knew about the second coming and all that, but I didn't know it actually had its own word.

I remember Marinka talking about Rapture in a few of her tweets over the last few weeks, and discussing what she would be wearing. And I thought to myself, "Oh, fun! Must be some religious event she's been invited to, like a Bar Mitzvah or something." And then she said jeggings were out, so I thought, yup, some fancy, fun affair! I guess I was half right, right?

So. The end of the world. Well, no big surprise, what with the weather being so insane lately. From devestating earthquakes, to tsunamis, to non-stop rain and raging fires, something is going on. In all seriousness, I think Mother Nature is sending us a sign of sorts. And frankly, I'm a little concerned. (But not really. But maybe a tad.)

"The sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give its light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:29-31)

I'm making light of this because it's not going to happen. However, I've seen enough creepy movies to believe that one day, something like this will occur and um, it's going to be the scariest thing EVER. Things like this are 100% more scary for me since I have children, so I am really trying to not think about it.

But what if I don't get to go up with everyone? What if I'm left behind with a handful of other people? What if we don't get along? Will my real life turn into The Stand? Who will cook for me? Who will comment on my blog posts?

So much to think about! So, what does one wear for Rapture? Apparently, NOTHING comes with us, not even our iphones, so it doesn't matter what we wear, but just in case we had time to ask Jesus if we could wear some clothes, (it's unseasonably cold this May!) what would you want to be in? For me, although I love fashion, I'd like to go in my lulu's. With a cute little t-shirt from Club Monaco.

What'll you wear for Rapture?

Comments

Karl said…
Wait, we can't even bring our iPhones?? How am I supposed to check into Heaven on Foursquare?
The way operate, I'll forget what day it is and wear jeans and flip flops. But at least I'll be comfortable?
Caroline S said…
Really? Not even our iPhones!!!
Anonymous said…
I'll be in a white cotton boho blouse with crochet detailing, Safari shorts (knee-length) or a gypsy-style maxi skirt and cork wedge-heeled sandals with peep toes. I'll be wearing sunscreen too -- because odds are it'll be pretty hot where I'm going....
And it had better be a Good Hair Day -- just sayin'...
I'm not going to lie, this post scared the shit out of me. How have I not heard about Rapture?
Yeah, I'm going to be one of the ones left behind. I just know it. I was usually the last kid picked for teams in gym class, so it wouldn't be out the realm of possibilities.

I'm wearing my yoga pants and a t-shirt. Comfort is key when traveling. But it doesn't matter since I'm not going anywhere anyway. (See above paragraph.)
EatPlayLove said…
I'm going to have to pick my Joe's Jeans and a sweater. I'd love to wear my favorite tank top, but apparently Colorado didn't get the memo that it's Spring.
@emorockstar said…
Just an FYI- the rapture is a highly debated thin amongst Christians all over the world-- but it is highly accepted among evangelical Christians in America (and churches America started in other countries through missionaries, etc).

I for one do not believe in the rapture and find the evidence in scripture to be severely lacking.

Don't be scared, I don't think that's how the whole God thing works.
Haha! Great post. I think comfort is key. I mean hey, we're talking about eternity right?

p.s. so does that mean we have to wear the same pair of underwear, like, FOREVER?
Avitable said…
Oh, you'd be able to use your phone because you wouldn't be going anywhere!
Truthful Mommy said…
I will be dressed tot he nines,since we will be celebrating my Gabs turning 4. I m telling you. thats going to be one pissed off little girl if the rapture comes in and ruins her big day. She even gave strict orders to my father that he had to cut short his stay in Mexico to be here to play the guitar and sing his tradional Happy BIrthday, las mananitas, ans you are my sunshine.He missed my 6 year olds and phoned it in, to which gabs promptly grabbed the phone and said "GRANDPA...MY BIRTHDAYS MAY@!ST..YOU BETTER BE THERE! and hung up.crazy little mob wife:)LOL Happy Rapture. We all need to dress and upload our rapture photos to twitter:)
Abby said…
LOL! I'd go with a flowing white robe.

Are you going to post clips of your TV segment & magazine spread? So exciting!!
I'm wearing what I do every Saturday--cut off military cargo pants and a t-shirt. I figure it's pretty enough.
Oh Em Gee that was hilarious! I was coming home from a baby shower when the rapture was supposed to occur. At least I looked cute, lol!