Skip to main content

All I want for Christmas...

Happy Christmas Eve Eve Day!

I'm hoping this year, no 9-1-1 calls to the fire department will be needed.



I have given up on baking, the presents are wrapped, and I've stocked up on wine. I think I'm ready! How about you?

I'm excited for tomorrow night, because Christmas Eve has always been the most magical night of all for me. It's the night my family celebrates the most, more than Christmas Day.

I have amazing childhood memories of Christmas Eve. We would sit around the tree, eating and eating (and eating), waiting patiently for 11 p.m. so we could head off to church for midnight mass. (Of course, no Greek household on Christmas Eve is complete without some family fighting, usually about a soccer game or something political, but that's just part of the festive season, right?) We'd return home shortly after midnight, and sit down to a huge Greek feast. More eating, of course, followed by opening all the presents.



The traditions continue with my children now, and we will celebrate tomorrow night at my parent's house, with our entire family. The list of food my grandmother and mother are preparing for tomorrow night's celebration is lengthy, and tasty. I will do my best to enjoy it all and worry about diets and and calorie counting on January 1st. Christmas Day we'll spend with the inlaw's, as is our tradition, too, and have a second huge celebration including more gifts and presents with our extended family.



All I want for Christmas (besides a villa in Monaco and a trip to Capri) is to just relax and enjoy every second with my little boys, and my family. To me, that's what Christmas is all about. Also, making sure my wine glass if always full of wine. Or champagne. Or Bailey's.



Cheers!



I want to wish YOU ALL a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah, and Happy Holidays... eat, drink, and be merry!

Comments

Chantal said…
Merry Christmas to you and your family Loukia!
Avitable said…
Have a good holiday!
Unknown said…
Hope you had a great Christmas and that Santa brought you everything you wanted, Loukia! :-)
I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as you hoped! I love traditions we have, and hearing about others!Your food sounds amazing.