Skip to main content

Stay Warm This Winter With Columbia


Now that winter is here, I'm officially in hibernation mode. I don't like the cold or the snow, and I already miss the warmer days of summer. However, as a Canadian I have come to accept that we're left with no choice but to embrace these chilly days, and the only way to truly enjoy winter and the great outdoors is to dress appropriately in the right winter gear, and to get out and have some fun.

When I'm dressed warm, I can handle whatever winter throws my way (except maybe a crazy blizzard, though we haven't had any of those yet this year).

I was given the new Columbia Women's Heavenly Light Hooded Jacket to review, (along with the Men's Voodoo Falls Turndown 590 Jacket) and I absolutely love my new jacket! Spending time outside hasn't been painful at all. This jacket is sleek, stylish, long, and lightweight. It keeps me cozy and warm no matter what activities I'm doing outside, and I've received so many compliments. I love how light-weight it is, and how it truly goes with everything.

The jacket combines a light yet toasty synthetic down insulation and a thermal-reflective lining for bonus warmth without the bulk. The shell fabric resists wet weather, while the flattering, longer cut and comfort cuffs (with awesome thumbholes) provide excellent overage from the chill. This jacket retails at select retailers in Canada and online for $189.99.

The Men's Voodoo Falls Turndown 590 Jacket is a perfect coat for my youngest son to wear on these chilly days. He loves it because it's not bulky, it keeps him wear, and he can easily move around in this coat, making play time that much more fun.


The Voodoo Fall 590 Turbodown jacket retains nearly every degree of body heat and is one of the warmest, softest, and lightest jackets Columbia makes. It's durable, water-resistant shell with grid baffling provides a snug, close-to-body look and feel, and it's made with 100% responsibly sourced down, because Columbia is committed to ensuring the highest industry animal welfare guidelines.

I have always been a huge Columbia fan, and I am so pleased with these new jackets to help us get through these next few months.

I think a Columbia jacket would make an absolutely perfect holiday gift to give someone you love this season. It'll be the gift your special someone will wear every day.

Thank you, Columbia!

Comments