Along with eating well and working out, I take a daily multivitamin and a probiotic supplement, Align. If you're not too familiar with Align, let me help you out: it's the number one gastroenterologist recommended probiotic, and it helps relieve and manage symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Even if you don't have IBS, it's such a great product to include in your daily health care routine because it helps with abdominal discomfort, gas, and bloating. The capsules contain Bifidobacterium 35624 TM, a patented probiotic strain.
Since April was IBS Awareness Month, I thought it would be a fitting time to talk about all the things we can do to stay on top of our health, from the inside out—1 in 7 Canadians suffer with IBS and it's more common than people think. I love that you can take Align every day along with your vitamins to provide ongoing relief of IBS symptoms, and it really helps your body adjust and makes you feel better.
We all lead busy lives, with work, children, extra-curricular activities, our social life, travel, and more–when we're busy and stressed, we sometimes forget to take care of ourselves as well as we should. Stress can disrupt your natural healthy intestinal flora, and a probiotic can helps take care of that in a simple way.
Here are some ways you can kick-start your summer health care routine:
1. Get your rest. Believe it or not, sleep does a body well. I don't sleep as well as I should, because I go to bed past midnight every day, and wake up at 6 a.m., but I know the more sleep-eye I get, the better it'll be for my health.
2. Exercise. Just do it. Whether you're thinking of starting a new gym or running outside, there is no time like the present to start making working out every day a part of your life. No excuses–there is always time in the day to get your sweat on. I love doing cycle classes and a barre class several times a week Mixed in swimming, weights, and walks when the weather is nice, and it's easy to stay fit, and feel and look great.
3. Take a Probiotic. Adding a probiotic supplement like Align to your daily routine, even if you don't have IBS, can help contribute to a natural healthy intestinal flora. We all suffer from gas and bloating from time to time, and Align helps you body feel great by providing ongoing relief of these symptoms.
4. Eat well. It's easier than you think! Always stock up on fruits and vegetables when you're at the grocery store, include plenty of protein in your diet every day, and make sure to eat your greens. Once you start eating well, your'll feel so good you won't even be tempted by cupcakes anymore. (Of course, everything in moderation is also another good rule I stick by).
5. Enjoy the little things. Make sure you're surrounding yourself with people who lift you up, who are positive influences, and who make you laugh. Staying positive and happy will make you glow from within, and it also helps improve your health.
These are some ways you can feel and look better, from the inside out, in time for summer.
Disclosure: I created this post as a paid ambassador for Align Probiotic. All opinions and advice are my own and I only work with companies I genuinely love and have used prior to be being contacted.