Thankfully, we're set up with Netflix, and that means countless hours of entertainment, from the warmth of our home. My boys love selecting shows and movies to watch on Netflix, and I love the great variety of programming that Netflix has for all its viewers, young and... not so young.
On December 23rd, Netflix and DreamWorks Animation Television are treating families to 13 hours of adventure and suspense with the all-new series, DreamWorks Trollhunters, from renowned director Guillermo del Toro. An exciting new show is the perfect way for the kids to unwind after a busy day, giving parents a much-needed break to catch up on reading, relaxing, or, let's face it—tidying up the house after the tornado of Christmas.
DreamWorks Trollhunters is an epic saga and before you know it, you'll be hooked, too—in a world where humans and trolls collide and an ordinary teenager is beckoned to save them both.
"We program our shows around people's lives—not advertising schedules," says Andy Yeatman, Director of Kids Content for Netflix. "We know our members are hungry for new content in the show post-holiday weeks of late December and early January, which is when our viewership peaks. So, we teamed up with DreamWorks Animation Television and acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro to launch 26 episodes—the most we've delivered of any original series at once—to give families a new story to enjoy together."
Here's some things you can look forward to when watching Trollhunters this holiday season:
- 24 acts of bravery destined to build confidence.
- 15 jokes adults will love that kids might not catch.
- 32 ways to appreciate the power of friendship.
- 14 times you might get a little choked up.
- 39 awkward moments that'll remind you of high school.
- 5 words that'll inspire fridge-worthy drawings.
- 7 scenes that could potentially motivate the kids to make you a meal.
- 46 times kids will totally get the giggles.
- 20 gross-out moments only a kids can love.
- 16 times your resident trouble-maker may get a new idea.
- 21 moments that will awaken your inner hero.
- 15 lessons kids will learn, whether they realize it or not.
Disclaimer: I am part of the Netflix Stream Team. I receive special perks and privileges as part of my affiliation with this group. All views and opinions are my own.