President's Choice has put together some yummy (and easy to make, I swear!) recipes based on top outdoor eating spots selected by Canadians. Eating outdoors is always fun, but how about trying a different location other than your favourite restaurant patio or backyard?
Toronto Island is the preferred outdoor dining destination for Toronto residents, followed by High Park, Ashbridge's Bay, Bluffer's Park, and Trinity Bellwoods Park.
Here in Ottawa, Pink Lake is the favourite (and it's oh-so-pretty there!) followed by Major's Hill Park and Rideau Falls.
And just what do we love eating in the great outdoors? Mmm... juicy burgers, of course... and crisp summertime salads... and of course, a side of veggies. And something light and refreshing for dessert.
President's Choice partnered with Rob Bragagnolo, executive chef of Marben Restaurnat, to create some delicious dishes you're going to love.
Centre Island Caprese Club Sandwich
What you need:
4 PC Loads of Caprese Chicken Burgers
4 PC Double Decker Burger Buns
4 Tbsp PC Smoky Bacon Mayo Sandwich Spread
4 Pieces PC Naturally Smoked Bacon Rounds
4 Tbsp PC Black Label Grilled and Marinated Eggplant
4 slices PC Kumato Gourmet Tomato
4 leaves Iceberg Lettuce
4 pieces PC Formaggio di Bufala
4 leaves PC fresh Basil
1 bag PC Kettle Cooked Applewood Smoked Flavour Chips
1 Baby Pickle
Here are the (easy) steps:
1. Preheat a BBQ or grill to 450F.
2. Once the grill is hot, grill the 4 PC Loads of Caprese Chicken Burgers for 7 minutes a side.
3. On the same grill, cook the PC Naturally Smoked Bacon Rounds for 4 minutes a side or until desired crispiness is archived.
4. Lightly toast the PC Double Decker Burger Buns on the grill.. and now assemble the sandwiches!
1. Starting from the bottom bun, spoon a generous amount of PC Smoky Bacon Mayo Sandwich Spread all over both sides of the bread.
2. Place the PC Loads of Caprese Chicken Burger on the bottom of the bun, and top with a slice of PC Naturally Smoked Bacon Rounds and a slice of iceberg lettuce.
3. Now continue on to the top layer of the sandwich.
4. Spread a generous amount of PC Grilled and Marinated Eggplant all over both sides of the surface of the bread.
5. Place a slice of PC Kumato Gourmet Tomato, a PC Fresh Basil, and a piece of PC Formaggio di Bufala on the top layer of the double decker sandwich.
6. Carefully place the top layer on the bottom layer and skewer with a toothpick. Add a baby dill pickle for garnish, if you want.
7. Service with PC Kettle Cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon Flavour Chips.
Of course, you'll want something refreshingly delicious for dessert, right? How about...
PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream Sandwich
What you need:
4 scoops PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream Fresh mint, minced
12 leaves, fresh mint, minced
4 Tbsp PC 100% Pure Light Maple Syrup
1. Peel the watermelon and cut 8 equal squares, 3x3 inches.
2. Spread an even layer of PC Ice Cream Shop Flavours Watermelon Crunch Ice Cream on one side of the watermelon square and top with another square of watermelon to form an ice cream sandwich.
3. Put the ice cream sandwich in the freezer.
4. When ready to serve, drizzle with maple syrup and top with a pinch of mint.
Yummy. A perfect meal to enjoy outside this summer.