I was on CTV Ottawa Morning Live, talking about some of my favourite holiday spots—locations that are perfect for the entire family.
Here are some highlights from the destinations I talked about on CTV:
- Heavenly Spa by Westin.
- 6,500 yards of championship golf course (and you can take private or group lessons.)
- Complimentary shuttle serve from the beach resort to the golf courses.
- Ten clay tennis courts with six lighted courts for evening games.
- One of the 50 Best Tennis Resorts in the world, and USPTA Professionals area available for private or group lessons.
- Westin Kids Club for kids 4-12 (Arts and Crafts, Swimming, Beach sports and exploration, movie nights, golf, tennis.)
- 2 pools: infinity pool and lagoon-style pool with cabanas.
- Famiy friendly resort with a brand-new Westin Kids Club.
- Luxury 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites, all with waterfront views and private screened in decks.
- Full kitchens in rooms along with washers and dryers.
- Large lagoon-style pool.
- Marina with water sports.
- Secret "poutine menu" for travelling Canadians prepared by a Canadian chef.
- Over 20 pools, including three children's pools and a lazy river.
- Dolphin Cay to watch the dolphin show and swim with the dolphins.
- Huge casino and shopping area.
- Marine Habitat, with over 50,000 marine animals.
- 21 restaurants and bars.
- Relaxed, casual beach town.
- Anchorage By The Sea is a great family resort with an indoor and outdoor pool, and a small children's wading pool, with ocean views.
- Hike or walk along the Marginal Way which boasts spectacular views of the ocean and Marginal Way is easy enough for young children to walk through, too.
- Perkins Cove is a bike or car ride away, and it's a charming little fishing town. It's a quaint area that has a lot of shops, restaurants, and famous lighthouses.
- Short drive from Ottawa.
- Great hotels, pools, activities and a fun gondola ride.
- Amazig bike paths with a wide range of trails for everyone from beginner to expert.
- Park-National du Mont-Tremblant in the Laurentians is great for hiking and camping.
- Quaint mountain village, world-class sporting and cultural and even a great nightlife.
- Massive 84 degrees indoor water park with 100,000 square feet of water-packed excitement, amazing slides, zero-entry pools, a wave pool, and more.
- Outdoor pool.
- Scoops Kids Spa (and a spa for adults.)
- Grand lobby for story time in pi's.
- Great food options in the restaurants.
- Outdoor mini golf.
- Rooms with bunk beds.
- Peach picking in Niagara Falls.
Hope I've inspired you to get out and enjoy summer with your family. If you need any information about any of the places I've talked about, feel free to email me.