Skip to main content

The Complete Mother's Day Gift Guide For Every Mother

Mother's Day is almost here and that means I'll be spending the day with my family, thankful for the great gift of being a mom to the two greatest boys. Although the most meaningful gifts are those made with love, like personal cards and crafts, receiving something extra is always nice. After all, every mom deserves something special on Mother's Day.

I've put together a complete gift guide for Mother's Day, featuring products I think will speak to every mom out there. Here's my Mother's Day segment on CTV Ottawa Morning Live, so you can see and hear for yourself how great these products are. I couldn't talk about everything in length on-air, but I've got the full rundown for you here.




The complete Mother's Day Gift Guide:

Books: Books as gifts are always a good idea—for any occasion, especially Mother's Day. If I only received books as presents for the rest of my life, I'd be very happy. Here are some books that are great to give and to receive for Mother's Day: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, by Gabrielle Zevin, The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer, and Then And Always by Dani Atkins. I can't wait to start reading these! Only one problem: Which one do I start first? 



Kobo: If I had to be locked in a store overnight, I'd want it to be a bookstore, or a department store.  I love having a pile of books to read on my night table. I get nervous if I don't have at least three books ready to be read, and I hate coming to the end of a great book. I love the experience of shopping for books, but many of my friends enjoy reading books and magazines on a Kobo. The Kobo Arc 7 HD delivers the highest resolution pixel density which provides a a great display that offers sharp text and vivid colours. From now until Mother's Day, you can save $20.00 off this Kobo at any Chapters/Indigo, plus $30.00 in ebooks and emagazines

Ste. Anne's Spa: A spa day is the perfect gift for Mother's Day. Ste. Anne's Spa is one of Canada's most loved and popular spas. Why not ask for a weekend away with your girlfriends? A gift card to Ste. Anne's Spa is a beautiful idea. If you can't make it the spa, bring the spa to you! Ste. Anne's Spa has their own skin care line called Skin Nourishment. The hand cream is delicious, and the face cleanser, toner, and daily moisturizer work really well, too. Using these products will make you smell—and feel—like you've spent the day at the spa, even if you've never left home. 



Etsy.com: I love Etsy, and like Pinterst, I get lost in a world of online beautiful things for hours. Online shopping can be a dangerous thing! A gift card to Etsy.ca is a great way for mom to select the gift she wants, whether it's a new print for the house, a new pair of hand-made earrings, or a special frame. 

Wee Piggies and Paws: Wee Piggies makes beautiful sterling silver jewelry with your child's handprint. They also make great crystal keychains with your children's photos inside. So cool. Such a great gift idea for a new mom, don't you think? So original and beautiful!



Shoes: As a ShoeMe.ca Shoe Style Ambassador, I get to test out new shoes from amazing brands like Nine West, Sam Edelman, BCBG, and Keds. Right now, you can receive $50.00 off any purchase of $100.00, and enjoy free shipping. When I placed my order, I received my shoes the next day. Just enter the code CTV50 when you're checking out. This offer is good until May 7th, 2014. 




Clarisonic: I've heard many amazing things about the Clarisonic skin brush and a few of my closest friends use theirs all the time. Their skin is noticeably more radiant, so even before I put it to use, I knew first-hand that it really did work. The Clarisonic's band new Deep Pore Decongesting Solution  comes with a cleanser, a uniquely designed brush head and a decongesting clay mask. You'll have flawless looking skin in no time at all. This Clarisonic retails for $200.00 and is available online at Clarisonic and at Sephora stores.



Lemon Lily Tea: Gifting tea to someone, especially a mother, grandmother, or mother-in-law is a great gift idea. Lemon Lily Tea is a Canadian company that makes organic, all-natural tea and sells over 150 different kinds of tea (including Earl Grey Darjeeling, Egyptian Chamomile, Apple and Cinnamon, and Maple. The tins the loose-leaf teas come in are simple adorable, too.


Krups: The new Krups Lattecino is the perfect product for adding a touch of something extra at home. As much as I love my Starbucks and Second Cup, I can't make it to my favourite coffee shops every day on the mad dash out in the morning. The Krups Lattecino comes with an attached milk frothed that can steam and froth milk, so you can make cappuccino's and latte's at home. The Krups Lattecino sells for $149.99 and is available for purchase online at krupsonlinestore.ca and at select home retailers. 

Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser 4x: It's almost bikini season, and that means we need silky-smooth skin to go with our bathing suits and bikinis! This product is the only Canada Medical Device Licensed hair removal laser for at-home use, and costs only a fraction of what you'd be paying for the same type of service at the spa or dermatologist's office. You can see results in as little as two weeks. It's available at triabeauty.ca, and at Sephora, and retails for $515.00. 

Art: Oringial art work is one of the most unique gift ideas. Mother's Day is a great day to give your mom a piece that'll stay on her walls forever, and it's something that can will lose its value. Art is priceless. I love the new spring pieces by artist (and my mom) Katerina Mertikas. Also a great idea? A membership to the Art Gallery of Ontario. Even a gift card to shop the AGO store is a great idea, because there are so many unique, hand-crafted items to choose from. The AGO is also a non-profit organization. 




Mereadesso: A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending a tea at Chateau Laurier with the owner and creator of Mereadesso. The Mereadesso moisturizer is a day, night and under-eye cream as well as a primer and serum, all in one. It's perfect for traveling, because it makes your beauty routine super convenient. You can buy this great moisturizer at mereadesso.com. The all-in-one moisturizer sells for $120.00. 


WaySpa.com: I love WaySpa.com because you can choose your spa treatment and salon of choice (from salons across North America) conveniently online. A gift card for a massage? Yes, please! 




Hamilton Beach Hand Blender: Kitchen gadgets are a great Mother's Day gift idea. Great for Father's Day too, of course, but right now it's May, and the thought of a new hand blender makes me really excited! I don't bake or cook all the time, but lately, I'm finding myself in the kitchen more than ever, probably because my boys love baking with me. The Hamilton Beach Hand Blender is perfect, compact, and really helps make spending time in the kitchen enjoyable. 


Hamilton Beach 4-Slice Toaster: I have two kids who almost always want the same breakfast in the mornings. In my house, most mornings are hectic, and we're always rushing out the door to head to school. This 4-slice toaster is perfect, because I can get breakfast made in no time at all. It's stainless steel, and looks great with all the other stainless steel appliances in my kitchen. 





Sobey's gift card: What goes great with new kitchen appliances? How about a Sobey's gift card so you can go shop for all the yummy food you want? I love grocery shopping almost as much as I love shopping for shoes, and I'm not kidding. Why not try some of the new Jamie Oliver foods, too, to add something new to your kitchen routine? 

No matter what you're giving or receiving this Mother's Day, I hope it's a special one, and I hope you do it what you love best! If you'd like more information on any of these products, just leave a comment below, or email me.

Disclaimer: I received products and gift cards to review and keep for Mother's Day.  All views and opinions are my own, and I only promote the products I truly love, use, and would give to other people as gifts. 

Comments

Stephanie said…
Shoes for Mother's Day? Brilliant!! And of course I adore all things Hamilton Beach! Great list of ideas!
botox ottawa said…
These are great ideas! I'm going to have to bookmark this page for next Mother's Day :)