Skip to main content

Island Hopping In Massachusetts: From Nantucket to Martha's Vineyard And More!


Summer is going by way too quickly for my liking, and I find myself already dreaming about next summer and where we'll go for our family vacation. I have amazing memories of my family vacation in Cape Cod and Boston, and I know my boys will love vacation in Massachusetts, too.

Massachusetts is the perfect place to go if you're planning on doing some island hopping. 



I've always wanted to visit Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket because these islands are absolutely beautiful and offer so much for families to do during the summer months, and also because these islands are so well-known and loved by locals and visitors, year after year.


There are other islands to explore when vacationing in Massachusetts, too:

Bridge Island Meadows: You can only reach this island by canoe or kayak, so if your family is especially adventurous, this would be the perfect choice for you.

Boston Harbour Islands: Did you know there are 1,600 acres and 35 miles of undeveloped ocean shoreline on the islands? From hiking to swimming or kayaking, the Boston Harbour Islands offer activities for everyone—of all ages. The islands are also easily accessible from Boston, too.

Plum Island: Plum Island is named for the wild beach plums that grow on its dunes. I would love to go for a long walk on the wooden boardwalk and take in the true beauty of the New England landscape of dunes and marsh grass. I know the kids would love this, as well.

Crowinshield Island: This 5 acre island in Marblehead Harbor is considered a saltwater playground for locals and travellers. With plenty of shallows, a sandy beach, and lots of aquatic life, there's plenty to do as a family, especially if love the water and exploring. This is also one I can't wait to visit!

If your travel plans include Massachusetts, what islands do you look forward to exploring?




Disclosure: I am working with Visit Massachusetts, and I am being compensated to write a series of blog posts about vacationing in Massachusetts. All opinions and views are my own. 


Comments