Skip to main content

Getting Carded With Hallmark: Challenge Accepted!

As much as I love Twitter and Facebook (and if you know me, you know this is very true—I just cannot stay away!) I miss communicating the old school way—I miss sending and receiving cards and letters in the mail on a regular basis.

After high school, when all my best friends scattered across the country for university and moved to different countries like Australia and England, we all stayed connected through mail. I'd look forward to going to the mailbox every week to see if a new letter or card had come for me. Eventually, the frequent mailing of cards and letters was replaced with email. Email became addictive right away, yet, I still sent out cards as often as I could. I never forget a birthday, and I often send out cards to friends just because. I'm also a huge fan of sending out thank you cards to those people who deserve some extra thanks. I love surprising friends with the unexpected card, too.

I was so happy when Hallmark Cards asked me to take part in their Get Carded Challenge—a fun challenge designed to help people reconnect with their friends and with the people they love.

I've always loved Hallmark Cards and this year, I'm even more excited, because my mom is now an official Hallmark Cards artist! Her new cards will be in stores very soon, and I can't wait!


Hallmark sent me a pack of awesome cards, and gave me a challenge: send out seven cards in seven days to seven people who are important to me.

Easy, right?

I sent one out to a thoughful friend, one to my best friend, one to someone who is always helpful to me, and one to a friend who just had a baby.

I had so much fun writing and mailing cards to my friends! My favourite part was writing and sending out the cards, but I also loved it when my friends emailed or called me to thank me for the nice surprise they found in their mailbox.

Are you up for this Get Carded challenge? Hallmark would love to send one of my readers a pack of Hallmark cards to make this happen!  If you accept this mission, you'll have to send out seven cards to seven people in seven days. They'll even send you stamps to make it even easier for you.

Just leave me a comment below if you're interested in taking part and I'll pick a winner randomly on August 20th. 


And if you're looking to stock up on even more cards, I've got a discount code you can use online, too: BLOG30. You'll receive 30% off your purchase. Happy card shopping and happy card writing, friends!




Disclaimer: I received a pack of Hallmark cards as part of this challenge. All opinions and views are my own.



Comments

Erika E said…
I'd love to take part! I miss sending and receiving cards in the mail. I still send them for birthdays and some occasions but not as often as I used to.
Unknown said…
I always hand pick my cards and will usually stock up on general card for last minute greetings. Cards are a weakness for me
Unknown said…
I love hand picking my cards for family and friends. Cards are a weakness for me as I love to send cards to my 3 nephews and 4 nieces. I love to receive a handwritten note so it feels good to send one too!
Jennifer said…
I would love to do this! What a great idea!
Stacy Monaghan said…
I would love to take this challenge, and am already thinking of the 7 people I would mail!
Unknown said…
oooo I love cards and send them for everything. I mentioned to someone that I was ordering moving announcements and they looked at me like crazy and said, "why don't you just send an email?" and the answer is because a card is SO MUCH NICER. Plus, who doesn't love getting mail?
marlibu said…
Sure i would love to
Twitter handle @marlibu
Jonnie (JB) said…
Oh, what fun! I love sending and receiving cards! This challenge is perfect for me.