Skip to main content

Massachusetts: A Vacationer's Paradise




Sometimes, deciding where to spend your summer vacation can be a daunting task, especially if you're traveling with young children. The best vacations are the ones where lasting memories are made, and the ones where the entire family can have a great time.

When I was 9 years old, I went on a summer road trip with my family and some friends to Cape Cod and Boston, Massachusetts. I still have vivid memories of our vacation—of our stay in a beach front home, of walks through the streets of Boston, and of discovering the beauty in all that Massachusetts had to offer.

The thing is, Massachusetts has something to offer everyone, no matter what you love. Which means that choosing Massachusetts as a summer vacation destination is a very smart choice, and one that I highly recommend.

If you are a beach lover like I am, Massachusetts has many incredible beaches to explore. From Cape Cod to Nantucket Island to Martha's Vineyard, the choices are endless... and pretty breathtaking.


If you love summer festivals, Massachusetts is the place to be—from the popular Boston Fashion Week (which takes place September 27th to 30th, at the Mandarin Oriental) to the Salem Jazz and Soul Festival, there's literally a different festival going on all summer long.

Here are some of the more well-known festivals taking place in Massachusetts this summer that I'd love to attend:

Cambridge Arts Festival

I've grown up with an artist (hi, mom!) so I'm a huge fan of supporting the arts, and the Cambridge Arts Festival ensures that emerging and established artists have an opportunity to showcase their art for all to see.

Roxbury International Film Festival

I'm a huge fan of movies and films, so this is a festival I'd love to check out. I think it's so important to support filmmakers, and this festival celebrates the works of emerging and established filmmakers of colour.

Nantucket Comedy Festival

Who doesn't love a good laugh? So many great comedians are from Massachusetts, so it just seems like the perfect fit to have a comedy festival in this funny state! From events like Stand Up and Learn showcasing kids on the main stage, to The Humour and Comedy of The Simpsons, this festival is not to be missed.




Of course, if you also love fine dining, the arts, the great outdoors, and unique places to stay, you're still in the right place for a perfect summer vacation.


Oh, and here's a fun fact that I thought was cute: the only Curious George store in the world can be found in Cambridge! My boys love all the Curious George books so I know they'd love to visit this store. I personally love the shopping in Boston, of course, but shopping in the smaller stores in smaller towns is an entirely different experience, one that I absolutely adore. The views are hard to beat, too.



For a summer vacation that's full of amazing cultural festivals, great places to stay, eat, and shop, and stunning beaches, Massachusetts is a brilliant vacation destination. It's a state that seriously has it all.

And I've got more to say about this amazing state, too... so stay tuned!

Disclosure: I am being compensated for my work with Visit Massachusetts. All opinions are my own.

Comments