Skip to main content

Oscar Winning Fashion

Watching the Oscars when you've seen every nominated movie is awesome. I haven't seen more than two Oscar nominated movies in a single year since having children, but hey, I still tune in and watch, because I love to see what everyone is wearing, and also, watching any awards show (or TV in general) while on Twitter is totally awesome.

This year's Oscars were not exciting at all, I'm sad to report. I miss Billy Crystal. And Steve Martin. Heck, I even miss James Franco! Also, Argo was a great movie and entertaining to watch on a plane, but Best Picture? Not really. And that's um... all I have to say about that. Oh, also? I really need to see Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained. Now, let's talk about the important stuff, like who wore what! And who looked hot... and not.

Who do I think looked amazing at the Oscars?

Maria Menounos! I don't think she's gone wrong, ever. She's gorgeous. And, okay, yes, she's also Greek, but I promise I am not biased at all. I love this dress, the colour, and her hair. Flawless.


Jennifer Aniston! LOVE Jennifer Aniston, and love her in red. Just like Maria, Jennifer always looks great on the red carpet. From her hair to her dress she was perfection. Oh, she's also Greek.


Sandra Bullock! So sexy, and classic, and beautiful. Loved her dress.

  
Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence! They both looked lovely in their flowy dresses. Jennifer in Dior and Amy in Oscar de la Renta... these two were dazzling and stunning.

And... Nicole Kidman. I love Nicole... her hair, her voice, and her gorgeous body. She's such a star on the red carpet and on screen, too.


Even though there were many gorgeous looks on the red carpet, there were a few looks I was not in love with...

Like Reese Witherspoon. She's usually always on my best dressed list, but the cut and the material of her Louis Vuitton dress was just not right for her.


 I was also not digging the back of Jennifer Garner's dress....


Overall, this year the Oscars were a yawn-fest, but it was still fun watching, especially since I could fast-forward through half the show.

Who do you think looked amazing?



Comments

Titania Jordan said…
Maria gets extra bonus points for rocking the bold color. Amy embodies the term glamorous. Also, Halle Berry made my jaw drop with that stunning Versace gown. I love award season fashion!! :) xoxo
Loukia said…
Yes! I forgot Halle - she was stunning as usual!
alimartell said…
Ha! Our posts are almost completely the opposite!
harriet glynn said…
Halle bar none for stars ... but my favorite dress was worn by George Clooney's girlfriend.
Anonymous said…
I thought that Stacey Keibler looked fantastic!
Unknown said…
I thought Jessica Chastain looked AMAZING too. And I did not even see the first actress you mentioned but yes, she looks wonderful!
Loukia said…
Elaine - yes, she looked great, too!
Loukia said…
Yeah, I guess, though her date is always more beautiful! ;)
Loukia said…
Halle always looks fab!