Skip to main content

From Paradise To Reality

I'm back from a gorgeous one week vacation in south Florida. I went with my boys, my parents, and my sister and her family. We had a wonderful time, and it's been so hard adjusting to winter again. I'm pretty much on the verge of tears all day long. Going from summer to winter mode is the hardest thing to do, you guys. From this view every morning from my balcony to views of nothing but snow, snow, and more snow... it's just downright painful!




For one week, I didn't have to make beds, do laundry, make lunches, serve breakfast, put on winter gear, or take the kids to school. Instead, I got to swim in the ocean, collect shells for my boys for our growing collection back home, swim in the two pools, one, an infinity zero-entry pool overlooking the ocean, and the other, a huge lagoon style pool with a waterfall, eat dinner at favourite restaurants, watch my boys run and play in the beautiful outdoors, and, of course, shop. My dad even found us a seahorse on the beach, which was so cool.


































This was our 6th stay at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. We've been coming here since my oldest son was two years old. This resort is a happy, familiar vacation spot for my boys now, and they love coming back. I love making new memories with them every year.






Before we left for our vacation, I received a wonderful email from the Westin Diplomat telling me they'd be treating me and my family to two pool-side cabanas during our stay, with a fabulous lunch and dessert for all included. This was a wonderful treat, and we enjoyed using the cabanas for some down-time for the kids where they were able to eat their lunch and watch TV in between jumping in the pool. The power of social media continues to amaze me every day.













Upon our arrival to the Westin, we also received a wonderful delivery of fruits, cheese, crackers, and delicious cupcakes to our room, welcoming us.

I love hotels that are attentive and go the extra mile to welcome their guests.
Thank you, Westin Diplomat. We will of course be coming back.

We went to the Miami Zoo, which was so much fun for my boys because they got to see two of their favourite animals, the Komodo Dragon and the Cuban Crocodile. It was fun to bike through the outdoor zoo and see my mom out of her comfort zone (Bal Harbour Shops) and on a bike.

Of course, I did some shopping, too, but shopping with children is not anything like it used to be. Thanks to the friendly staff at Nordstrom in Aventural Mall, I managed to grab a few must-have items I wanted while my boys happily played with their LEGO swords.

I ran through Bal Harbour Shops quicker than ever before, lamenting the days I would shop for hours on end with no one telling me it was time to go.




It was one awesome week. Sure, it was also exhausting, because even though I'm on vacation I'm still a mom who is on vacation with her children, and so all pina coladas were consumed basically standing up while applying sunscreen to little faces and breaking up fights. Still, it was the most fabulous holiday, and now, I'm just dreaming of the days when I'll be warm again...

Comments

alimartell said…
I love that idea...of going back to the same place every year. LOVE.
Unknown said…
Oh that looks WONDERFUL! I do love Florida. I'm glad we live close enough to go to the beaches there.

Sorry you're back in the snow but at least you have these amazing photos and memories! xo
Angella said…
Oh, I am so jealous! It looks AMAZING.
Mamaintheburbs said…
I love the picture of you wearing that hat! Can I ask you the brand or where you got it from? It's gorgeous. Your trip looked wonderful! Glad you had fun!
jodifur said…
I'm so happy to read this, my family is staying at this resort for the first time in March and now I can't wait.