Wednesday, November 21, 2012

'Tis The Season For Giving...

"Cherish every moment" were probably the wisest words of advice I received when I was pregnant. Looking at how big my boys are now, it's hard to remember that once upon a time, they were snuggled tightly in their blankets, sleeping peacefully in their cribs. There are so many amazing memories I have of my children as babies, and truthfully, they'll always be my babies, no matter how big they get.

There are definitely things I don't miss about the baby stage, though. Like the diapers. If you're a mom, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say it felt like half the day was spent just changing diapers... over and over again!

When I was pregnant for the first time, selecting all the things I needed for my baby registry was fun but a little stressful. The one item I was told to put on my list was the Diaper Genie. Once my baby was born, I made good use out of the Diaper Genie. It's no wonder the Playtex Diaper Genie is the best selling diaper disposal system—it does a great job of protecting against germs and diaper smells. It also has an easy-to-use foot pedal for hands-free disposal, 5-layer refill bags, and a double-clamp air-lock design that prevents odours from escaping. Pretty genius, if you ask me.

If you're expecting a baby, or if you have a friend who is pregnant, I have a gift for you.

I'm giving away 10 Diaper Genie's!

All you have to do is leave me a comment below telling me why you would like a Diaper Genie. Will it be for you? For a friend? For a family member?

Perhaps you have a charity in mind you'd like to donate the Diaper Genie to? It's the season for giving, after all...

Good Luck! I will select 10 winners randomly on November 26th.

Disclosure: I was compensated for this post, and I received a Diaper Genie for review. (I donated my Diaper Genie to the Youville Centre in Ottawa, through a fundraiser at my children's school.)


Unknown said...


I would love a DG. We are (as you know) expecting our second this spring and we do combination cloth/disposable in our house. NB get the cloth treatment while toddlers get the disposable. We turned down the offer for a DG when pregnant with H and I have always regretted it!


Lainey-Paney said...

I want a diaper genie!
We're pregnant, and due in May after a long, long road to get here!
I would totally keep the diaper genie myself and use it....though I kind of feel selfish since you posted about donating one! But, I suppose it's not selfish if I do actually need one and would use it, right???

Lucy R. said...

I love contests!

From what i hear (no kids of my own as you know!) this is a great product and would be an amazing gift to give to friends or family who are expecting - maybe at Chrsitmas if I hear of anyone who's expecting by then! I would love to be able to give one to a first-time mom! :)

Glogirl said...

I'd love to win a Diaper Genie to give to a friend who is expecting a baby in a few weeks!


karen said...

I would like one. I have several family members who are expecting.

Shauna Rae said...

Would love a DG. Our youngest is now four and we passed along so many of our supplies. We are now restocking for our little girl's arrival in the coming weeks. A DG will be a must.

justadadstory said...

Have a buddy of mine at work who just had a baby on the 17th (same day as my son). I think they would love one!!


Sophie Tremblay Morissette said...

Hi Loukia,

I never participate in contest, but I am this time :) With baby #1 expected for February, a DG would be much needed :)


Georgina said...

Would love a diaper genie! My youngest is still in diapers so the DG would be super handy to have close by.

Gurpreet Randev said...

Hi Loukia,

What a great contest! I am expecting my second in January and would love a Diaper Genie! I think they are one of the must-haves for a newborn :)


Jonnie (JB) said...

I would love one of these for when my baby nephew is visting. I love the little guy but his diapers sure do stink!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lou! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Diaper Gennie for my little one one the way!! This Giveaway is Awesome!

Ashley McCann

Unknown said...

Would love! Now with the garbage pick up every two weeks, this will help keep the bugs at bay haha! GROSS!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs