Skip to main content

Getting away from it all

When I was 19, my cousin Loukia came to visit me from Greece in January. She was fascinated by the snow and winter. I looked at her like she was crazy, because clearly, she was. Maybe she'd spent too many hours in the sun in beautiful Greece, and was suffering from some sort of prolonged sun stroke?

Tomorrow I'm going on a much needed vacation with my family to my favourite place on earth, south Florida, where we'll stay at one of my favourite resorts, like we do most years.



I'm excited to be getting away from the things that make me moan and groan in the winter, like:

Stepping in snow.
Wet socks.
Salt stains on pants.
Boots that get destroyed.
Freezing rain.
Never-ending snow.
Beyond cold temperatures.
Scraping ice off of my car.
Sick people sneezing everywhere.
Dark skies and massive depression.
Blinding snowstorms.
Snow squalls.
Minus 40 degrees.
People who LOVE winter.
Slush.
Dressing my children in snowpants, jackets, mitts, scarves, hats. (Followed by: "Mommy... I have to go pee!")

For the next week, I'll be enjoying:

Hot sand in between my toes.
Pina Coladas in my hands.
Swimming with my boys.
Waking up to the sound of the ocean.
Salt water in my hair.
Strawberry Daiquiri poolside.
Drawing hearts in the sand.
The Cheesecake Factory.
Bal Harbour Shops.
Aventura Mall.
Palm trees.
Collecting sea shells.
Smelling like a coconut.
People watching in the resort lobby.
Quality time with my children and family.





Now, as long as there are no shark encounters, I know we'll have an excellent time.



Full vacation summary, including all the craziness that comes with vacations, next week... see you soon!

Comments

Anonymous said…
HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!
Momo Fali said…
Have a great time! *jealous*
OHmommy said…
Have so much fun!

PS. Love your CC Classy Chaos shades. XX
Japolina said…
Have fun. I'm from Aventura so if you need any restaurant suggestions or other local suggestions, let me know.
Can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back! In the meantime, I'm enjoying the tweets!