Skip to main content

Dare to try


Thanks to L'Oreal for sponsoring my post about my favorite beauty looks, tips and tricks! Check out Makeup.com for beauty advice from the experts.

I love make-up. Let me rephrase that: I love make-up. There are two types of stores I could spend countless numbers of hours in: a book store, and a make-up store. Sephora after-hours? Yes, please! Or, any make-up counter, on earth? I'm so there. I have so many tubes of lip gloss I have lost count. You could say I'm a little obsessed.


Some people keep buying new shoes, but me? I buy new make-up every chance I can. Make-up is always the right size, always brightens my look, and doesn't damange my bank account in a bad way.

I wear the same eye shadow, eye liner, lip gloss and blush almost every day and I've gotten so good at applying my own make-up I can practically do it in the dark without looking like a clown. But for evenings and special events, I love to try new looks. And now that the holidays are here, I love anything that sparkles! I also love the look of a dramatic, smokey eye.

I recently tried Bobbi Brown's new holiday line, and I fell in love. They have a variety of colours to choose from, and will look amazing on all skin tones, depending on the look you're trying to achieve.


With the right tools, you can make your eyes pop. Even without the help of a professional make-up artist! An eyelash curler and some mascara, and the fact that I've only slept 4 hours the night before is not so evident anymore. I always wear my Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Flared mascara. I swear, this is the best mascara you'll ever own. It does wonders to your eyes, and you'll almost never look tired again! If I'm doing up my eyes, I always make sure my lips aren't too bright. I love a light pink lip gloss—one with extra shine!

This holiday season, I dare you to walk up to your favorite make-up counter, and ask them to doll you up, holiday style. You will love how glamorous you look, I promise. And? With your make-up looking so good, you won't need to stress about what to wear!

I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. Click here to learn more about Makeup.com or become a Facebook fan by clicking here.

Comments

I've always wanted to try a makeup counter makeover, and have always been nervous . . . I don't know what I'm expecting to happen, but I ought to give it a try. It's awesome that you're so great with makeup! I am slowly, slowly learning how to do more than mascara and chapstick ;-) You look great!
It's funny, I love makeup and getting it, but I'm so bad about trying out the new looks.
oh! I saw the new Bobby Brown and they are gorgeousssss!

Also lovely, the holiday shades by Laura Mercier! I was shopping for my mom when I saw them, but there was a glittery bronzy black that was just calling my name soooo loud I had to run away ;-)