Skip to main content

Champagne Celebrations

If I had to describe this past weekend in one word? Perfection. I was invited to stay at the Marriott Bloor Yorkville with my family for my birthday. A weekend in one of my favourite cities with my family? I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate turning 35 years old. In fact, this was a birthday to remember!

Not only were we going to be staying in my favourite location in Toronto - right in the middle of Yorkville - but we were going to be staying in the two-floor Presidential Suite. The pictures I saw of the suite on the website took my breath away, and I knew my children would be in heaven, too. My little boys, already such seasoned travellers, love staying in nice hotels. I don't blame them. The best part about going on trips with my children is building new memories and spending lots of quality time together, time that is filled with laughter and non-stop giggles.

When we arrived at the hotel in our GM Traverse (thanks again, Adria - this vehicle was an amazing ride and my children loved the DVD player!) we were greeted by the friendly staff at the front desk. "We've been expecting you, Loukia! Welcome to the Marriott Bloor Yorkville!" I was impressed with the service and friendly faces from the moment I walked into the lobby.

My boys ran ahead of us into the suite, and instantly noticed the beautiful balloon arrangement on the main floor, I was so surprised to find fresh flowers, a cake and champagne for us to enjoy, too. Let the celebrations begin!





I have never received such thoughtful service before. I could hardly keep up with my boys as we ran upstairs to check out the rest of the suite. The room upstairs was beyond spacious, with huge windows overlooking Yorkville, and a bathroom (the second bathroom in the suite) as big as the entire second floor of my house. The bed? It was just as comfortable as it looks.



There were little treats upstairs for the children, too - toys, colouring books, bubbles, and special (healthy!) snacks that the boys enjoyed throughout our stay.



This was just one side of the bathroom. Bathtime in here was a whole lot of fun for my little dudes.



I loved wearing the comfy hotel bath robe and slippers. And a huge bonus? The Bath and Body Works products used by the Marriott! Was that the icing on the cake, or what? Almost...





My parents were also invited to the Marriott Bloor Yorkville. Their room connected to our suite, which was perfect for the kids. My sister and her family were also given the chance to enjoy this beautiful hotel. It was an excellent way to celebrate my birthday, and the perfect way to spend the last official weekend of summer. We were all so very thankful for this opportunity!

The best part about travelling with your parents is the fact that you have built-in babysitters. That night, hubs and I went out with my sister and her husband and 15 of my best friends to Il Posto for dinner.

You wouldn't believe how surprised I was when I was told that my friends at Mom Central Canada had ordered two bottles of the best champagne there was to help us celebrate. (I can't thank you girls enough!) I think I said "wow!" a hundred times that night. Also? The champagne really was the best I've ever had!



One of my best friends was celebrating her birthday the next day so our evening ended with lots of cupcakes - it was a double celebration!



Of course, no weekend in Yorkville is complete without getting a good workout in - a workout that involves lots of walking into the fabulous stores, trying on clothes, and carrying bags filled with awesome new purchases! 3 bags of damage from Anthropologie and my fall wardrobe is now complete.





On top of everything we were treated to at the Marriott Bloor Yorkville, we all received complimentary breakfast every day. It was great to see my one year old niece enjoying bacon as much as the rest of us!



We went to Centre Island with our family and friends on Sunday, even though it looked like it was going to rain. I love taking the kids to Centre Island because they love the boat ride and watching the planes take off and land from the airport. Of course, the rides at Centre Island are totally fun, too!



We spent the last day at the Royal Ontario Museum before heading back home to Ottawa. It's quite the museum, and a must-see if you're visiting Toronto.

I can't tell you how thankful I am for this weekend, or how blessed I feel to have had this experience. It was the most amazing weekend ever. As my boys both said to me at two different times on the day we were leaving: "Mommy, every time we come to Toronto, we have to stay at this hotel! I love it!" I completely share their enthusiasm, and am happily looking forward to our next visit. (Is it too soon to start planning?)

THANK YOU, Marriott Bloor Yorkville, THANK YOU Mom Central Canada, and thank you to my family and friends. 35 is not so bad, after all!

Comments

Make Mommy Chic said…
Sounds like you had a great time! Toronto is a blast isn't it! I recently turned 35 and loving it, I know that you will too!
So happy you enjoyed the bubbly! The whole weekend sounds like an amazing celebration. Congrats, LouLou!! :)
Wow!! What an amazing celebration!! Congrats on the 3-5, Loukia!
we sure had a great time Loukia
I will remember this trip always, visited my gallery artoworld of sherway, spent time with all 4 grandkids and had a fabulous room/s
in the hotel, good weather and know you had a great 35th birthday!
Here's to more birthdays for you and happy adventures. km
Nolie said…
Sounds like a fantastic week-end. Glad to hear you had such a great birthday.
Sounds fabulous. Happy Birthday. Damn, I wish I was still 35.
Working Mommy said…
What a wonderful way to celebrate 35 - it is the new 15, you know (since 40 is the new 20) ;)

wm
writewrds said…
Congrats, Loukia! Sounds amazing.
And you deserve every bit of it. Happy, happy 35!