Skip to main content

The people who live in my head

(I'm guest posting over at Scary Mommy's blog today, and I'm talking all about the proposed Happy Meal ban. There has been some great comments and discussion going on, and I'd love to hear from you, too!)

I saw this awesome idea for a blog post over here, and here and here.

Presenting: The People Who Live In My Head

Charlotte Flax from Mermaids lives in my head. I love everything about Winona Ryder and her character in Mermaids reminds me of me. She's a bit confused, she struggles to be a good girl, and she suffers from some serious guilt issues. Didn't we all think we were going to get pregnant from kissing when we were 14?


Cher Horowitz from Clueless lives in my head. Why does Cher live in my head? Because she's me. She's sweet and nice and also spoiled and superficial. I'm totally clueless when it comes to some all things. I'm an airhead with good intentions. I'm a terrible driver, I spent hours in the mall spending way too much money, and I am used to getting what I want. I've been told I'm a little manipulative, but in a good way.



Elle Woods lives in my head. I loved Legally Blonde. This movie, along with Clueless, make me very happy. Friends and acquaintances used to compare me to Elle Woods, and it always made me smile, because, duh. I'm a smart girl. I didn't gradulate magna cum laude in Univerisity but I did graduate with two degrees that I'm very proud of. Although law is not my forte, I can talk my way out of almost any problem I'm in, which is always to my benefit. (Like talking my way out of a speeding ticket, and getting free gas and taxi rides!)


I'm also the girl who would accidentally show up to a party dressed like this:


When I set my mind to something, it usually happens, because I'm annoyingly determined. If there is a job I want, I go after it in a fierce way and usually get it. (Hope I just didn't jinx myself!) Also, I love the colour pink and everything designer, so we're two peas in a pod, Elle and I.

This might come to a surprise to you, but Eric Cartman also lives in my head.


He totally suffers from OCD, and so do I. Like when he has to finish an entire song before he can do anything else? Yup, me. It used to be American Pie—and I couldn't get off the chair lift when I was skiing with my friends until I sang the the entire song. The pressure! Eric is rude and sarcastic and spoiled and a little rude. ME ME ME! Also, I spend a good part of every day singing various songs from South Park. He's always in my head!

Holly Golightly also lives in my head.


Because even if I sometimes feel confident and sure of myself, even when I'm feeling most sophisticated, I am also very vulnerable and neurotic. Of course, Tiffany & Co. is my happy place, too. I adore Audrey Hepburn.

George Carlin also lives in my head.


I have thought absolutely everything he's had the guts to say out loud. He is a brilliant stand-up comedian, and I was fortunate enough to see him live several years ago.

Some of my favourite things that have come out of his mouth are:

I don’t have pet peeves — I have major psychotic fucking hatreds!

Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man… living in the sky, who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?


I'm going to stop here before this turns into the George Carlin lovefest hour. The things this man has said are all golden.

Who else do you think lives in my head? And who lives in YOUR head?

Comments

Avitable said…
That seems like a pretty good list, but Eric Cartman just doesn't seem to fit!
Those are all great people to reside in there! I am all for it!! Especially Elle and Cher for me too!
Shana said…
Interesting post....thanks for sharing!
Lady Mama said…
Interesting! I like the variety of different characters. I love Breakfast at Tiffany's too - it's my curl up with a glass of wine and box of chocolates movie. I've never heard of George Carlin, but I love those quotes. He sounds hilarious.
TexasBobbi said…
I totally understand Eric cartman.
Girl, I had no idea we were the same person. This explains why I always agree with everything you write. Cher, George, Cartman, awesome!
Tyne said…
Loukia, it has been AGES since I have sat down and caught up on all the blogs dear to me... So glad to catch up! And helllllllo ma'am!!! Your profile pic is GORGEOUS!
lol i'm lovin't the peeps in your head! you had me at the 1st 3 (also, so me) but i spit-coffee-laughed at the 4th! um, thanks for that. :) *great* post!
CaraBee said…
I miss George Carlin. He was such an awesome person. Funny, insightful, brave. I wish I could be more like that.
Stephanie said…
How did I miss this post!! I love it. Oh yes, there are lots of people in my head...have to give it some serious thought before I put it into the cyber world forever!
Love this. I totally see you as Elle - shocking people with your intellect just when they had you pegged as a well dressed pretty face.

I'll have to give this some thought. I've often joked about how I channel the perfection issues of Monica from friends - but not nearly to the same degree. It's now relegated to Christmas trees, laundry folding and bed making. Otherwise, I'm a loosey goosey disaster.

And as annoying as this is, I am often compared to Charlotte from S&TC. Not completely of course (who could be exactly like the trifecta of stereotypes that Carrie calls best friends?). But just my general desire to make things nice, be polite, diffuse conflict. Oh yeah - and as much as I love to surround myself with crazy outspoken friends, I'm a bit of a prude. Just being honest...