Skip to main content

Summer

Summer is my favourite time of year - always has been, ever since I was a little girl. I love everything about summer - the warm days, the sunshine, ice cream, swimming, bike rides, and going on vacation.

As a child, it was the innocence of summer that was so special - camp days, exploring the forest behind my childhood house, building a space-ship that never left the ground, collecting rocks and chasing rainbows.

As a teenager I did a lot of babysitting for the children in my neighbourhood and I remember looking forward to becoming a mom so I could do simple things like running through a sprinkler and building sand castles at the park with my children.

Summer has been totally awesome this year. Actually, summer is always awesome. This year, I've been able to work part-time for the last couple of months, which is the perfect situation—home with my boys some days, and working downtown other days, which affords me the best of both worlds.

Summer has been all about taking it easy and enjoying ourselves, from mini vacations to beautiful Mont Tremblant to relaxing days at the park.



We've spent many of our summer days and nights swimming...

Cheering on our future FIFA player...

Enjoying ice cream on vacation...

And corn on the BBQ...

Touching the sky on gondola rides high in the mountains...

Witnessing sweet kisses between brothers...

And childhood joys...


It's been a lot of carefree days.


And that's what summer is all about. The carefree days. Barefoot in the grass, cloud gazing, bathing suit wearing, popsicle licking days. It's been a blast.
I welcome fall back into our lives, but only because I love boots and cute sweaters. And I don't might some snow for Christmas but after that, I could happily spend January 2nd to May 1st in south Florida.
I know, we are months away from dreaded winter, but I need to start preparing myself early. It's never an easy transition, you know.
Hope you've had a great summer so far, too!

Comments

Faiqa said…
I love summer, it's my favorite, too. Your boys are gorgeous!
Those are some good summer activities:) Definitely fun time.
Avitable said…
The thing I miss most about summer is riding my bike all over the place. I would go buy a bike now, but anytime I see an adult riding a bike casually, I think "Oh, he got a DUI and lost his license."
Brooke said…
Your summer looks AMAZING!!!! I love your mountain views! And, um, I am a new visitor hear... are you guys like THE cutest family???? :D
Stephanie said…
Oh I am with you. I love the long lazy days of summer. I hated then when we went out last night I needed a sweater! Fall is in the air. Good thing for cute boots and sweaters:)
Unknown said…
Such fun summer photos and memories! I'm glad you got to spend extra time with you boys soaking it all in. :)
I am exactly the same. Adore summer. Dread winter. I named my daughter summer. Obviously, I'm serious about the season. And yes, it's gone too fast.