Yup, it's only March. BlogHer is 5 months away. But seriously, guys? Time goes by so quicky that in the blink of an eye, it will be the last week of July and we'll all be completely freaking out because we haven't even figured out how many pairs of shoes to bring with us - or how much room to leave in our suitcase for all the shopping we'll do on Fifth Avenue. Wait - we will have time to shop, right? Eek!
Top 5 reasons I'm stressed out about BlogHer, in no particular order, although hair does come first:
1. My hair. I will be thinking about my hair for the next 5 months. Because I don't know if I should keep it totally straight. Or with a bit of a wave.
I know this shouldn't be an issue at all, but, well, it is, okay? Hair can be very stressful! It's a big deal! And it can't be both. It has to be one way or the other. (I can totally hear Maria snickering right now...)
2. I want to meet so, so many fabulous bloggers. I won't even bother naming all the people I want to meet, just know it's you and you and you. And you, too! And of course, you. In the 3 days that I'll be in NYC - will I get the chance to meet everyone I am dying to meet - to talk to, learn with, and party with all the fabulous writers I've come to know over these last few years online? I hope so. Look for me!
3. Drunken tweets. Enough said.
4. Will I be able to keep up with her while shoe shopping at Saks?
5. What if I'm let down in any way? For instance, what if someone I admire in the blogosphere isn't all that nice in person? That would really suck. I hope everyone is NICE and FRIENDLY to eachother. No Hills-type drama, okay? We're all bloggers. I don't care if you review cars or socks, or how many comments you get per post. All that counts is you're a good writer, an honest writer, and we're all there for the same thing! So people - put on a happy face and no snobbery! Because if you're mean, I will blog about it.
That's it. For now. I'm sure other stresses will come up sooner or later, like my fear of leaving my children for three days, and what to pack - oh, that's a whole other story, and I'm sure a blog post on that topic will be forthcoming!
What about you - past BlogHer attendees - what stressed you out? Did anything upset you while you were at BlogHer? Newbies - what are you stressed about?