Skip to main content

I'm back!

I'm back! Back from our beautiful vacation to sunny south Florida. It was our third time staying at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa, and I have to say, I love it more each time we go - so do my children!





Despite the fact that Florida was going through some less than seasonal weather, for us, it was amazing! We were able to walk on the beach, and listen to the sounds of the weaves crashing on the shore, while wearing flip flops and little sweaters... instead of boots, coats, neck warmers, gloves and hats!

By Wednesday, the weather was HOT. Well, hot for Canadians, anyway! We enjoyed swimming in the beautiful pools, and spending a lot of time ON the beach, of course, looking for seashells - we came home with a bag full! We built sand castles, too, although nothing as good as this one we saw!



It was funny to see Floridians wearing scarves and mittens when we arrived - I guess it really was cold for them! If that was my winter? I'd be very happy, indeed.



Travelling with my children is not that hard - although I did have my grandmother, mom, and sister with me, so they certainly helped! However, Dimitry was pretty difficult on the airplane. He will NOT sit still - a 3 hour flight is the longest I'll take him on, at least until he's 5 years old. This is his 4th time flying, and it's not getting any easier with him. (Of course, at 6 months old and 12 months old, he was easy, but he's not a baby anymore!) My 4 year old, on the other hand, has always been great on airplanes.

What a great feeling it is landing in Fort Lauderdale, and seeing all the palm trees!

I loved waking up to this view every morning...





And playing on the beach with my boys...









Swimming in the lagoon style pool with waterfalls, and in the infinity pool...





And, of course, shopping at my favourite shopping mall in the entire world, Bal Harbour Shops, and eating dinner out at one of my favourite restaurants, Carpaccio's!







I loved the weather. The breeze, the palm trees, the ocean. The pools. The resort, the funny things that only happen to my family, shopping, people watching, and buffet breakfasts. I loved seeing my children playing together nicely, and visiting with other family members and friends who were also vacationing there at the same time. We all had a great time. And now? I need another vacation, because I'm depressed that my vacation is over. Isn't that always the case?





I know we'll be back soon, and I'm glad that we came back to pretty mild weather. It is nice to be home. And my boys, especially my oldest son, were thrilled to see their daddy again!

Now, time to plan my baby's 2nd birthday party - it's tomorrow! I can't believe my baby is almost 2 years old!

Just have to finish doing the laundry... the never-ending laundry...

Comments

daddybookins said…
Totally digging the last photo with a thumbs up! That sums up the whole vacation! Cheers!

Peas Out!
~daddy b.
Scary Mommy said…
Looks like a blast!!! Love the pictures, and that castle is amazing--- can you imagine creating that?!!
So glad you had a great time! Glad you are back safely. I wish I could get away for a few days... I need the sunshine and heat!
T Rex Mom said…
Wow! That looks like an amazing vacation. The daily walks on the beach would be my favorite. And what a cool giant checkers board! Glad you back home safely.
mama's smitten said…
What a great place to visit! Your pictures are great and you and family look so happy! Glad your back!
BeachMama said…
Oh Loukia, so happy you had some warm weather! As we were seeing ice on the orange trees, I was very nervous that we would hear you are on your way to a destination further south. Glad it was a great time, welcome back to the land of snow and slush.

And Happy Birthday to your little guy!
Pres. Kathy said…
Your vacation looked amazing! I am glad you had fun with your family! Happy Birthday for you little guy - na ton xerese! Glad you are back!
Looks like a great time! I am really missing winter beach time this year!
Unknown said…
Glad you had fun and a break from the freezing cold! I do love Florida - so beautiful!
Awww, looks awesome!! really great photos, I almost felt like I was there with you! Almost. because it's definitely NOT warm here :-)

That sand castle is fantastic! and ooooh, what did you get at Tory Burch?
What a beautiful place! Loved looking at your photos and glad to hear that you had a nice trip!
Welcome home... even though I know you would still rather be in sunny Florida! ME TOO!!!
Sarah said…
Looks like such a fun trip, Loukia! I used to go to Florida every year (before kids) and I love it there. The shopping is amazing. Happy birthday to your little guy. My oldest turned 2 1/2 yesterday and I can't believe how quickly they grow.
Ah - I know that property well from my meeting planner days. It's lovely. I so miss luxury hotels...
Stephanie said…
Oh it looks like you had a great time! Your pictures are amazing, and you look so relaxed and happy!
Welcome home.
Artist said…
Seeing your photos I guess you had no bad weather in Florida, great for you.
What a beautiful place! It looks like a great vacation!!
CaraBee said…
So glad the weather held out for you! I get such a laugh when the south Florida folks talk about how cold it is. And it's 50.

Glad you had a great time!
Lady Mama said…
Welcome back! Looks like you had a fabulous time. You look gorgeous in the photos as usual!
Scatteredmom said…
Welcome back! It looks like you had an amazing trip :)
Jessica said…
Looks absolutely amazing! How nice for you all. And mama got some Tory Burch shopping in too- lucky duck!
Fabulous! Looks like heaven. Happy to hear you guys had so much fun!!
Looks beautiful!
I love that it looks like you're the only ones enjoying the balmy weather...I guess the heat is all relative.
Hopefully you'll get back there soon!