Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving!

This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. Actually, Monday is officially Thanksgiving, but I'm writing this post a little early because I know I'll be too busy to write anything this weekend!

I hope you all take the time to look around and say thanks for all the small things, for all the blessings, for all you have!

I'm thankful for:

A wonderful, loving, caring, and giving family who is always there for me. The bond my family has is so strong and I'm thankful for every single family member! I'm truly blessed.

My husband, who puts up with me every day and cooks for our family.

My children... I'm most thankful for my children, my darling boys. The love I have for them can not be described in words and the love I feel as a mother is so strong my heart feels like it's going to explode a million times a day!

I'm also thankful to live in this great country. We are blessed to live here. The quality of life we have, the health care, although not perfect, our education system, our parks, our museums, our trees - O Canada, indeed!

And I'm thankful for other things, too...

I'm thankful for some great fall tv shows, like Glee! And the fact that we are getting a Bath and Body Works, and that my favourite mall keeps opening up more great stores so I can blow my money on, and I'm thankful for Starbucks caramel macchiato. I'm thankful for great friends, and wonderful bloggers, and comments and my iphone and the fact that Christmas is around the corner. I'm thankful for good home cooked meals and chocolate and I'm thankful for songs that make me smile.

I'm thankful for everything, big and small. This weekend, I will not complain at all, about anything. That is my Thanksgiving challenge! And as for dieting... well, that can be put on the shelf right next to 'do not complain'!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Unknown said…
i will hold you to your challenge! :)))
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll!
Christy said…
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with your family. You do sound like you have a lot to be thankful for! And I'm all for shelving a diet during the holidays!
Unknown said…
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, sweetie!

I love your thankful list--yay for caramel macchiatos!! Delish!
Chantal said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Loukia. Great list!
CaraBee said…
Have a wonderful weekend and Thanksgiving! Enjoy the special time with family and don't think about the diet. Calories don't count on holidays or vacation, so sayeth me.
Deb said…
-->We celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving every year as well as American Thanksgiving. My Mom is from Ottawa but has lived in DC/MD/Va. for the last 45 years.

You have many great things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing.

~deb
www.WebSavyMom.com
Have a wonderful, grateful Thanksgiving!!
Holidays.....here we come!!
Lady Mama said…
Happy Thanksgiving Loukia! Have a great weekend.
qt_pie1602 said…
Haha!! I wish I could be thankful for a hubs who cooks...but then we'd all starve! So lucky! Does he clean too? What a great list! And the fun ones are great too...they are what keeps us "somewhat" sane!
Happy Turkey Day!
Enjoy! Nothing like a long weekend, is there?
Krista said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Good luck not complaining for the weekend! :)
Shana said…
Happy Thanksgiving Loukia!
Scatteredmom said…
So many things to be thankful for right now, I can't even list them all.

Have a wonderful holiday, Loukia!
Theta Mom said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! And wait, your husband does all of the cooking? I would be so thankful, too! LOL

Enjoy the weekend! :)
Cynthia said…
Enjoy your Thanksgiving!
All very good reasons to be thankful. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Eliza said…
Haha! Happy Thanksgiving!!


My new blog is up, would love to have you visit!
Unknown said…
Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Flory said…
Happy Thanksgiving! It's great to step back and take inventory of the greatness in our lives. I like your idea about not complaining for at least one day, and no dieting. :)
EatPlayLove said…
I love thanksgiving, maybe I should start celebrating the Canadian holiday as well!

Hope you had a great weekend.
BeachMama said…
Happy Thanksgiving Loukia! I am thankful to have been reintroduced to you this year.
Kelly said…
I'm loving Glee too, I can't stop watching the videos on youtube too. There's actually a lot of great TV on now and it makes it hard to get any work done. Happy Thanksgiving