Skip to main content

Happy Birthday... to me!

Today is my birthday! Today, I am 33 years old. Yes, I am almost 35 which is almost 40 which is almost too depressing to even think about right now.

Instead, let's focus on all the good stuff, shall we? Like the fact that I'm a Virgo. I love being a Virgo. It's a pretty sign. I like that. Better than being a crab. Even though I am often crabby. Apparently. I do get mad easily. But we're focusing on the good stuff, remember? Today I'm celebrating my birthday in D.C.



Am I a true Virgo?

Well, here is a description of Virgo I found online:

Dedicated, Sympathetic, Observant, Creative, Reliable, Kind, Organized, Analytical, Sensual, Witty, Charming, Helpful, Thoughtful, Compassionate, and Sexy as Hell.

Ahem. While maybe *some* of those words fit me to a T, I think the following description of Virgo is way more 'me'. At least, my sister thinks so, since she bought me the magnet:

Virgo: Bitchy, Fussy, Pedantic, Always Complaining, Always Worrying, Indecisive, Anal-Retentive, Annoying, Shrewd, Obsessive-Compulsive, Argumentative, Over-Critical.

Yeah. That is a much truer description of who I am. Sad. But true. And I'm all about being honest. Most of the time.

Now it's time for some Q's and A's, just for fun. It's my birthday, after all!

Reason I'm thankful to be another year older:

I'm happy to be alive, because the alternative sucks. I'm happy to be a mommy to two amazing little boys, I'm so blessed to be their mommy. Being a mom is my greatest accomplishment, ever. So turning 33 can't be that bad, can it? I know I have a lot to look forward to. So many more wonderful memories to come!





Best birthday memory:

Hmm. That's a tough one to answer. When I turned 8, I had a pony in my backyard for my party and that was a lot of fun. I also remember getting Canary Yellow on my 9th birthday and that was a huge deal. I'll also never forget getting my Fendi on my 24th birthday. I cried with happiness. BUT truly, my first birthday as a mom - that was my most memorable yet. And since becoming a mom, having two little helpers blow out my candles with me is the greatest thing ever!



Reason I like the month I was born:

I love fall. Back to school was always so much fun - I loved shopping for back to school clothes and shoes and school supplies. I loved school, period. God, I miss school. Maybe I should go back? The new pens... and papers... and binders... I loved it! And I was always the best note-taker in school. Until about October. I'm just a geek at heart. I love school, and reading, and writing. If you buy me a book for my birthday, that's as good as diamonds for me!

My goals for this year:

Well, you know I've quit smoking. I have fallen off the wagon a few times since my quitting smoking post. I hope to be 100% smoke-free for the remainder of the year. I'm 33. I'm not getting any younger. If I can stay smoke-free, that would be a good enough goal for me. I'd also love to start working out with some regularity and to eat healthier. It's time to take better care of me! I want to get up everyday before my children, and become a better cook. Yes, these goals sound pretty unattainable, but I'm going to try!


What would I do with a free pass from my life for 24 hours?


What, like do something crazy and fun and go to NYC for a day? That would be so much fun! Yes, I'll take 24 hours in the Big Apple, please! So I can shop all day long! A girl can dream, can't she?

You know who else is celebrating a birthday today? My lovely bloggy friends, Jessica and Elisa. Please stop by their blogs today, too, and wish them a Happy Birthday! They are two amazing and beautiful mamas!

Comments

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a great day and year! Don't fear 35, even though it's a few years away - it's not so bad!
Theta Mom said…
Happy Birthday girl!!!

Hey, 33 is the new 23! LOL

My husband is a Virgo, too. You made me laugh with your description. Enjoy your special day! :)
Sharon said…
Happy Birthday Loukia! Enjoy your day - you deserve it. And coming from someone who hit the 40 milestone this year, it's not as bad as you think it is :)
Brittany said…
Happy Birthday!!! I wish for you a wonderful day and a smoke free year! Oh, and, P.S. In every picture girl, EVERY PICTURE, you are stunning.
Managed Chaos said…
Happy Birthday sweet Loukia! I think you are much to hard on yourself with the Virgo descriptions...the first sound much like the Loukia I've come to know and love. Enjoy your time in DC (and traveling solo with your boys!)
Unknown said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! :) x x
OHmommy said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY girlfriend!
Julie said…
Happy Birthday Loukia. Hope it's wonderful. But how couldn't it when you are spending it with family in a city you love. 33 is better than 38 dear, which I just turned. Ugh.

Have a good one!
Unknown said…
Happy birthday gorgeous!

Hope you have a fabulous day and 33 is YOUNG!

Cheers :)
Margo Dill said…
You look great for 33! Have a terrific birthday. (Found this through a tweet--FYI :)
Betsy Mae said…
oh and quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself and for the people who love you...keep up the good work. don't think about the times when you've slipped up, focus on the days that you've been smoke free!!!
Chantal said…
Happy Birthday Loukia! Enjoy DC!
twinmomplusone said…
Happiest of birthdays Loukia, enjoy your loved ones who I am sure will spoil you, and all teh best for teh eyar ahead.

Xronia polla!!!
anya said…
Hope you have an awesome birthday! I'm a virgo too, which explains alot....
Lady Mama said…
Happy Birthday Loukia! Hope you're doing something nice today and getting a little spoiled (something that includes shopping perhaps?).
"Better than being a crab. Even though I am often crabby." :-D

Man, we are SO alike is scary. Where can I get one of those magnets? Just so people get a proper warning. Happy birthday sweetie!!
Lesley said…
Happy Happy Birthday.....I think the 30's Decade will be the best!!! and I think I would have cried over a fendi too....
heidi said…
Just saw it was your birthday over at Domestically Challenged's blog roll so I thought I'd pop over and say Happy Day to ya!
Jessica said…
Yay for us!! Happy birthday!!! xoxo
What Kate Wore said…
Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday to yoo-hoo-hoo

Happy Birthday to you!
tp
BeachMama said…
Wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays Louia! And 33 years young, enjoy it!
CaraBee said…
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day in DC!! You couldn't have asked for better weather for it!
Happy Birthday Lou! I hope you have a GREAT day!
Unknown said…
You're so beautiful Louika! I hope you have a great day and eat lots of cake. Have some for me too, k? Happy Birthday!!! :D
Oh to be 33, again!
Happy Birthday--you look fantastic! Have a great time in DC. I bought one of thosse magnets for my husband except he is a Leo--nailed him!!
Happy Birthday to you....and I hope you have an AMAZINGLY wonderful year!!
Cynthia said…
Hey girl...Happy Birthday! Still young Chicky...don't sweat it;)
Chandra said…
Wishing you a Happy 33rd Birthday!
(and 40 isn't so bad...at least I keep telling my self that..since I will turn that blasted age on the 13th)...You look fabulous and your in D.C... so live it up like a birthday girl should!
Happy 33! I'm 33 too, but sadly, will get one step closer to 40 in 4 months. :-(

I totally agree with you on loving back to school time...I recently went through a back-to-school aisle to buy washable markers and crayons, and tried not to buy a ton of notebooks for old times' sake!

Wishing you the very, very best of luck in staying smoke free this year! You can do it girl! (P.S.-What about taking up a hand-occupying activity like knitting to help you kick the habit? It's easy to learn, but super addictive...)

Hope you had a great birthday!
Mad Mom said…
Hope you had a great birthday and that you have a stellar 33rd year! :)
Mom2Miles said…
Happy Birthday a day late! You look great! As someone who turned, ahem, 35 this year, 33 sounds pretty good. Enjoy the beautiful weather we're having here in the DC area.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Loulou. Sorry I missed it. I know what you mean about fretting about your age. I hit 40 [yikes] this October. Not sure how I feel about that yet.

But you know what THEY say: you're as old as you feel and judging from the posts I've read in the past, you're probably feeling pretty young (oh, and you look great too). So happy [belated] birthday. Enjoy the long weekend to celebrate.
Happy, happy birthday.

It's funny to even remember birthdays without kiddos, they are so much more meaningful now!
Rebecca said…
I hope you had a great Birthday!!
Theta Mom said…
I know I already responded to this, but I wanted you to know that I've given you an award on my blog. Yay! :)
Lola said…
'Age' is just a number. It's how you feel, your attitude and how you take care of yourself at any age that matters AND as someone who has hit 40, it's not depressing-you writing that seemed well...i don't know the word to use:):) I think i felt that way when i turned 30-probably because I was still young and not as 'mature' as I am now (I'm still not THAT mature:) But seriously, it may sound corny but I feel better and better as i get older. REasons include-I KNOW who I am, I continue to be more confident, I don't care what people think, I am reaching my goals and I am enjoying life more as i 'mature.' You will see and you will get it as you get older (chronologically only:) Reaching your goals as you get older is marvelous. I thank God every year for another year as I have outlived both of my parents but many, many years so I relish the years and live for 3. Don't get me wrong though, I am finally moisturizing and taking better care of my skin as it is getting older-leaving marks of history:):)
Loukia said…
Thank you ALL for your beautiful birthday wishes!!!! xoxox
Shana said…
Sorry I am late but I hope you had a very happy Birthday!!!!
Christy said…
Happy birthday! Glad you had a great day and looks like your trip to DC was a ton of fun too! Yeah!
Lola said…
looks and sounds like you had a great trip! i love dc too-especially shopping in G town and D AND D!!!!!
:)
Parent Club said…
Belated Happy Birthday!