Skip to main content

Mortifying mommy moments

The other day, I was at my friends house with the boys. We went swimming, had some snacks, relaxed. Well, really... I did not relax at all. In fact, swimming with children without another set of hands to help is hard! I had to carry Christos in my left arm. You know he weights 50 pounds, right? Thank GOD it felt a lot lighter in the water, because I was also holding Dimitry in my right arm. He's 27 pounds. They were both wearing life jackets. They, and I, were in the water for over an hour, easily. What a workout that was for my arms, though! But seriously? Swimming without someone else to help with the kids is not something I recommend to anyone. Unless, of course, your children can swim on their own. Christos is almost 4 years old, so I'm hoping this will be the summer he takes the plunge and swims on his own.

So. Anyway. We decided to head to the park across the street. Christos was on top of the play structure, having a good time. I was in the sand with Dimitry.

"Mommy, I have to go pee!" Christos announced to the world, to all the moms and nannies and children at the park.

"Okay, come on down and we'll run back to the house."

"No, I have to go NOW!"

"Okay, come on down, and we'll run behind that tree over there. Come on, sweetie, come on!"

"No... I'm going to pee here!" he said, as he pulled down his shorts, and proceeded to pee on the slide.

Um, yeah... I was embarrassed. And mortified. It all happened so very quickly, too. I tried to clean it up the best way I could. My friend put some sand on the slide.

And I prayed the sun would disappear behind the clouds and rain would come pouring down, to clean the slide for the other children.

I totally cringe when things like this happen.

What is your most mortifying mommy moment?

Comments

That is HILARIOUS!! Of course, its funny when its not your own child. If it had been mine, I would have been mortified too. Well, at least he has good control of his bladder!!
Stephanie said…
LOL All you can do is laugh! It's that or cry right? Hang in there..it does get easier!
anya said…
Oh no! This reminds me when my niece was potty training and peed all over McDonalds playland. All the moms went crazy trying to get their kids out of there and all these kids were crying because they had to stop playing...then some poor employee had to climb in there to clean it up.
When you gotta go, you gotta go! Oh Loukia that is too funny. I would have been mortified too if Hannah had done that but it's all part of growing up. You'll laugh about it one day, if you haven't already ;)
Jessica said…
Oh holy crap! hahahahaha Talk about mortifying!! I would have done the same thing with the sand hahahahaha. What else could you do? lol
Julie said…
LOL!! OMG that's funny. Today I am glad that Max isn't potty trained! ;-)
SC said…
That is too funny Loukia!! I haven't had any mortifying Mommy moments YET, but I am sure they will come soon when E gets mobile and learns to talk (he'll probably have a mouth on him like his father and that is SCARY stuff!!).

The good news is, its raining today, so hopefully Christos pee has been well-washed away by now!
Shana said…
It could be worse--I had a friend whose son pooped in the middle of the park!!!
Capital Mom said…
That is pretty awesome.
Oh that is priceless!

My mortifying mommy moment... the first time I ever took Reagan to the pool at the Rec Centre, she threw up in the water. It was great... NOT!
Anonymous said…
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! OMG! I would have totally died! It wasn't at the park by my parents' house, was it? Because if so, I'm totally squirting Purell on it when I come in October with the boys! :)
CaraBee said…
Okay, that's hysterical! My most embarrassing moment, so far, was when I walked into a wedding reception holding my daughter and she threw up all over the place during our grand entrance. It was awesome.
Lola said…
OH MY GOD!!!! :) All part of being a kid and a mom.
Well, this might make you feel better-I am told I was quite bratty and inquisitive for a 5 yr old and here follows examples of things I did that made things difficult for my step mother (reverse karma for later trauma)
-standing at the bus stop in Toronto and my stepsister and I are dressed alike and with matching hairdos so a lady comments on how cute we are and are we twins (our skin was not even the same colour!) and as my stepmother starts answering I interrupt and say,"don't you ever brush your teethe?" (her teeth were yellow and missing) so we moved down another bus stop and the same thing happened, a lady asking about the cute girls and I said, "Oh, look at her fat legs." We walked again to another bus stop......There, does that make you feel better about the 'slide pee?':)
tiarastantrums said…
TOO FLIPPING FUNNY!!!
Suzanne said…
Wow, Lou, that's pretty bad. My most mortifying mommy moment happened in Australia. We were at church (completely packed), about 4 rows from the FRONT. I was standing during the service, and Katherine was sitting down, too tired to stand. All of a sudden, I feel her lift my dress up, exposing my G-stringed-butt to the entire congregation. I was so mortified, I grabbed her, walked out of the church, and couldn't go back in. Horrible!
Loukia said…
Oh my God... Suz, I can't believe you forgot to mention that to me! I would have died! How embarrassing! Well at least you have a nice bum, right? ;) Love you!