Skip to main content

The best news, ever....

Yesterday was Christos's ultrasound appointment and meeting with his urologist, Dr. Pike. He's been going for u/s's every 6 months to monitor his hydronephrosis that he is outgrowing - basically it's just a (common) condition that little boys get when they are born and they usually outgrow it by the time they are 2 to 3 years old. Christos had 2 really bad UTI's that required hospitalization at CHEO - the first time, at 3 months, the second time, at 6 months. I know I've talked about that before here, so I won't get into how horrible an experience that was for all of us - I just wanted to share the news that his u/s results from yesterday were EXCELLENT! No more antibiotics needed! Yay! Well, he stopped taking his antibiotics a few months ago, anyway - but still - to hear it told to us officially from his doctor was great news. So, he has outgrown his condition... we are so thankful. :) Thankful also for his wonderful doctor that has taken such good care of him since he was a baby. But I'm glad we don't have to see him again! (Just another follow-up u/s in one year).

That's my great, fantastic news!

And last night we celebrated at the Chateau Laurier, for the charity event for CHEO - in the big ballroom, where dozens of Christmas trees were decorated by different companies and media stations. Christos had a blast, and my mom and sister won some awesome stuff in the auction! My mom's painting was one of items being auctioned off, with all proceeds going to CHEO. Nothing better then helping children, especially at this time of year! :)

My cousin has started her own blog - it's her journey about quitting smoking, so check it out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is such fantastic news! And even better to get right before number two is born!
Nicole said…
That is wonderful news indeed. Our Wee Man was hospitalized at the Civic NICU when he was born so I know what a relief it is to get good news.