Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In Search Of Ottawa's Greatest Mobile Photographer

First Facebook, then Twitter, and now it's Instagram. I'm totally addicted... are you? 

I call Instagram "Picture Twitter" because it's basically Twitter... with pictures. One of my favourite commercials on television right now is the iphone commercial showing people from around the world snapping pictures. It gets me so emotional every time I see it. Of course it does. 

I love seeing my friends on Instagram, and all the great photos they take. Seriously, there are so many talented photographers out there, and so many of them just happen to be my friends!

Ottawa is a city that loves the arts, and great photography, too, so I'm excited to share the news about a great new mobile photography contest with you:

This Saturday, May 25th, from 11 to 2, Billings Bridge will be hosting an afternoon of entertainment, refreshments, and prizes in support of the Ottawa School of Arts.

This event is also dedicated to insipiring creativity in the community and accelerating expression for those with a passion for arts.

The challenge for Ottawa residents?

Instagram your most inspiring and imaginative pictures for your chance to win an amazing Billings Bridge and Blacks Photography prize!

Take 10 photographs and post them on Instagram between May 23 and May 26 and tag them #gobillings.

Make sure one of those photos is in front of your favourite Billings Bridge store, and you'll be entered to win the Grand Prize valued at over $2,500. Sweet deal, huh? It's a snap to enter, really!

The Grand Prize includes:

Your own Instagram Art Gallery Showcase at Billings Bridge
A spread in Metro newspaper
$500 worth of Instagram products from Black's Photography
$500 Gift Card for Billings Bridge

How amazing is that?

The winner will be announced on Monday, May 27th.

I love contests that not only involve the community in awesome ways like this, but also give back. I think supporting the Ottawa School of Arts is so very important. Art is a huge part of my life, and always has been—kind of hard to avoid when your mom is a famous artist!

What pictures will you be taking? I've got my camera ready to shoot... Ottawa is gorgeous, so inspiration is everywhere for me!

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post.

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs