Monday, September 26, 2011

Ottawa Fashion Week

Last year, I attended Ottawa Fashion Week (OFW) and blogged about it for Ottawa At Home Magazine. Even if you're not totally into fashion, it's a fun an exciting event to be at. The best part? Proceeds from OFW go to CHEO. Fashion while supporting a great cause? I'll drink to that!

Last year, sitting front-row centre with a perfect view of the catwalk, I imagined I was in New York City during their infamous fashion week. OFW took place at the National Gallery of Canada which offered the perfect backdrop to the stylish event. Over 18 designers brought their new creations to life in a room full of people who were there for the fashionable (and charitable) event.

I attended one night only, and had a great time mingling, drinking wine, and taking in the fashion show. The music was lively and upbeat, the designers were all very talented, and the night was as an overall success.

Ottawa Fashion Week is back and is bigger than ever. This year, OFW takes place at the new Congress Centre and features designers from not only Canada, but from around the world.

I'm happy to report that a portion from each ticket sold will be donated to the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario - CHEO is very near and dear to my heart, so this makes me even more excited to attend again this year.

And guess what else? I'm giving away two tickets to Ottawa Fashion Week! Just leave me a comment below telling me what your favourite fall piece is and you'll be entered to win tickets for this weekend!

I will be picking a winner at midnight, randomly.

Good Luck, and I hope to see you there!

I also wanted to let you know about a jewellery giveaway I'm currently running on my shopping blog at Yummy Mummy Club - a $125 gift certificate for some fine custom-made silver jewellery. What are you waiting for? Go enter!


Annie said...

Hey! My favorite fall piece would have to be my black and white striped maxi skirt. I'd love to win these tickets, my fingers are crossed :)

- Annie Taylor

Sobbee said...

All about the boots!

Sue said...

I would love a pair of tickets. My pick for fall would be a pair of flared and wide legged pants.
Sue Roseman

Sue said...

My fall pick would be a pair of flared and wide legged pants.
Sue Roseman

YouGotSquared said...

Hey, My fav fav fall piece is a nice warm scarf!

gigi said...

for me,it is a knitted shawl for those cooler evenings especially

Emma said...

Best fall piece is a long knit sweater! And also a circle scarf :).

Any tickets still up for grabs?

manu190 at

Blog Designed by: NW Designs