Skip to main content

Happy Holidays!

Updated to add: Congrats to #12, Scary Mommy! Yay, Jill!

I was invited to a Christmas in August party put on by Hallmark during BlogHer in New York City this past summer.

The party took place at the Buckingham Hotel, and walking into the penthouse suite made me feel like it really was December 25th—it was a festive atmosphere complete with a beautifully decorated Christmas tree. It was like a winter wonderland until we stepped outside onto the rooftop patio, and felt the summer breeze on our bare arms. Pauline and I sipped the free-flowing wine, enjoyed the view, taught the bartenders what a hash-tag is and enjoyed the Christmas carols playing in the background. "This is what Christmas must feel like in Florida," I thought.

Well, the Christmas season really is upon us now, and since Christmas is a time of giving, Hallmark has sent me two Recordable Storybooks—and I'm giving one away to you!


Along with the Recordable Storybook, I'm giving you a $40 coupon to shop online at Hallmark. How sweet is that?

If you still need to get your Christmas cards purchased or any other holiday items, here is a 30% off code you can use while shopping online at Hallmark: BLOGHER30.

Want to win the Recordable Storybook and $40 online coupon to Hallmark? Just leave me a comment below telling me what you love best about the holiday season!

I'll pick a winner randomly on December 7th. Good Luck!

Comments

I gotta say I love the reason for the season; but a close second is the smells.

We have one of those books, and the girls love it. I'd love to have a Christmas one that grandma and grandpa could read to them!
Alicia xoxxo said…
I love the whole entire Christmas season! I love that we celebrate the birth of Jesus! I love that I am able to spend time with my family and relax and eat good food and just be together! That is what I love the most! Christmas is my favorite time of year!
Avitable said…
Don't enter me into the contest, but my favorite thing about the holidays is giving gifts. Oh, and hot girls singing "Santa Baby".
maniacalmom said…
I love the snuggly feeling of this season. We hug our family and friends just a bit tighter. We snuggle under blankets on the sofa and watch feel good movies. It is a wonderful time of the year.
Anonymous said…
I spent a few years before we had V having lost my Christmas spirit, but I've got to say that now I love watching her wonderment and excitement most of all.
I love the cookies. and the shopping. and the good food, and shopping...
OHmommy said…
Ooooohhhhh I miss that night, so much fun. On the roof top. Waaaaa..... I miss you!
Pres. Kathy said…
I love everything about Christmas - but my favorite it Christmas music playing in the car!
Unknown said…
My favourite part of Christmas is getting together with family, seeing how it's grown over the years through marriages and babies. When I was little we were about 15 people around the Chritmas table, now we reach 40. It's amazing!
Thanks for the giveaway!
Stephanie said…
Oh my fave part of the season is tracking down the prefect gift to give!!

Ohh and the food:)

Of course now you have me thinking about Blogher11 again!
Scary Mommy said…
The best part? The magic of it-- the lights, the smells, the joy. Even if it's fleeting.
Shannon said…
The best part is the break from work/school to spend time with family. And of course the food!
Bruna said…
I love the look of Christmas with all the lights on the houses, the way certain cities decorate their streets as well. I love the Xmas music playing on the radio, in the stores, in people's homes. I love the rush of speed shopping for those last minute stocking stuffers you need 2 days before the big day. Most of all, I love getting together with FAMILY. Love them!
I love these books!!! Such a great idea. I love Christmas too, yippee!!!!
Georgina said…
I love all the decorations and the lights for this season, as it just lifts your spirits up!