Monday, July 26, 2010

Project Mom: Project Me!

At least once a day I say to myself, "My life should totally be a reality show." Because the things I've gone through, the things I've said, and the things I've done, since becoming a mom, would be very watch-worthy.



I've been blogging for over three years. I decided that after having my first child, rather than sending my friends a dozen emails a day about my baby, a better outlet would be to start a blog. (My friends still thank me to this day!)

Blogging has been a great way for me to connect with other moms and a great way to document all the crazy adventures I've had on this awesome journey of motherhood, while providing some advice to other moms, too.

I'm the mom who never says no. I'm the mom who doesn't care how dirty my boys are, as long as they are having fun. I'm the mom who worries more than I should, about everything. I still sleep with my 2 year old. And I love it.

The saying "It takes a village to raise a child..." are words I live by. I'm family-oriented, and I'm the mom who, despite having worked in the fast-paced world of radio and television news, both on-air and behind the scenes, interning at Entertainment Tonight in Hollywoood, California and CBS in Washington, D.C., can honestly say that nothing is as exciting as being a mom. Or as difficult. Which is why I'm thankful I'm surrounded by a large family who is always there to lend a helping hand. And do the ironing.

My blog was voted Best Family Blog in the 2009 Canadian Blog Awards. This year, I started giving back through my blog - by donating one dollar per every comment I received to the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario - a hospital that took care of my oldest son when he was very sick. It's amazing how many people you can reach through social media.

I'm also the mom who loves everything entertainment. I used to be the girl who never missed any episodes of any reality shows - until, well... until I became a mom and have hardly any time to watch TV at all!

Being a mom is a 24 hour a day job - I'm always on - and I love it. Every sleepless second. Okay, maybe not every second, which is what's so awesome about blogging - I get to share my stories - the good, the bad, the ugly, the funny - with a diverse online community, letting people into my life, and sharing laughs and tears along the way.

Being a mom is the greatest gig I've had. I love nothing more than talking about it. To have the chance to do this on telelvision would be a huge bonus!


The producers of "Project Mom Casting" - a reality television concept, are looking to connect with moms during BlogHer in New York City. As you all know, I'm going to be at BlogHer this year, and I'm so excited - I hope I get the chance to tell Mom Casting just why I'd be a perfect fit for this reality show in person!

24 comments:

OHmommy said...

Awww... sooo cute.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

You know I just love you Loukia. Your enthusiasm for your family (and life in general) is contagious. You make other people want to do more, be more and love every minute of it. Just like you!

rachel... said...

Well, you're certainly gorgeous enough for television! Good luck!

Becca said...

I've submitted for this too but I have to say Loukia, You would be perfect for this! Your personality, your passion, your beauty... All just right! Good luck!

annbac9 said...

It is so evident in your post how much you love being a mom and how much joy your children bring you every day! Good luck with Project Mom!

Nenette AM said...

You would be so perfect for this, Loukia! I too hope you get the chance to let the casting folks see just how much. :)
Good luck!

Smart A$$ Mom said...

Really? Never? You never say no? I would totally want you for a mom!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for supporting CHEO!

Pres. Kathy said...

You would be perfect! Kali epitichia!

amotherworld said...

Good luck Loukia! I'm sure you'll get an interview :)

ModernMom said...

Well done! Best of luck!

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Awesome Loukia! I would so love to see you on TV and think you would be great!

Neil said...

Good luck! You'd be great.

the mama bird diaries said...

I'd watch you and your fabulous family! Look forward to seeing you at BlogHer

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Best of luck babe!! And have lots and lots of fun at BlogHer!

Loukia said...

Thank you everyone!!! xo

Complicated Mama said...

Great post! I hope you get picked- Id totally watch your reality show.

Looking forward to meeting you too... and NO I cannot believe its just a week away!!! Crazy!... I still havent found outfits-- so Im off to read your last post... as it looks like you may have some tips ;)

Mommyfriend Lori said...

Adorable, adorable, adorable...did I mention adorable? You are awesome donating to charity like that, I love this idea! Helping women and children means everything to me. You rock, best of luck!

Jessica said...

You would totally rock a reality show! Best of luck to you!!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Perfect!! you'd be a great choice!

BusyDad said...

I'd love to be able to say "Hey, I totally know her! kinda..." :)

Best of luck with that!

Also, I feel the same way about fatherhood. Most random, difficult, funny, crazy, tiring, rewarding gig I've ever had.

Mom2Miles said...

You look TV-ready to me! Good luck!

The Preppy Princess said...

You *would* be a perfect fit Miss Loulou!

Hope you have a fab trip to BlogHer!
tp

Truthful Mommy said...

Great submission. I am your newest follower via Project Mom casting page. Good luck!
Debi
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/

Blog Designed by: NW Designs