Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My year in status updates!

If you want a quick look at the year you had, check out your status updates on Facebook - it's amazing how much these little updates actually capture. What I learned about myself this year is... well... I had a great year, and I often repeat myself. I mentioned Grey's Anatomy many times, and I think "Loukia is having a great weekend!" was my most common update. I also talk in CAPS A LOT. And use way too many exclamation points!!! In fact, some of my updates are downright irritating. And boring. However, looking at all my updates together is really funny!

So, here you go: My year, in status updates:

Loukia...

finally got Gina her own facebook, everybody! Yay!

is so proud of baby Dimitry for walking across the room all by himself!

is going to Atlantis in the Bahamas!

is celebrating her baby Dimitry's 1ST BIRTHDAY today! Happy Birthday, my love! (And can the fever please go away already?!)

is going to miss Bush... he was just the funniest man ever!

wants to go home and smother her boys in kisses and hugs!

is watching Grey's and OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I think my blood pressure is really high right now...

thinks Ottawa needs fashion police! I see sooo many wrong things in a day!

registered Christos for kindergarten today. Lordy, I'm emotional!

loves that Dimitry said bye-bye this morning and blew kisses and waves at me. Sigh!

is REALLY EXCITED! CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC COMES OUT THIS FRIDAY! Yes, it is the the story of my life, in case you were wondering...

is glad to be home and safe (with some soreness) after a bad car accident on the drive home. NOT my fault, though, thank God.

is celebrating Easter this weekend with her family! LAMB.... can't wait! Happy Easter to all you Greeks out there!

OMG WHAT THE F*** I am freaking out! JUST finished watching Grey's OMG OMG OMG OMG I'm seriously numb. OMG. I'll never ever ever ever be able to fall asleep now. OMG. Like, OHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY F***** GOD!

is back from strawberry picking with the boys! And getting ready for afternoon of swimming.

is excited for this weekend - 4th of July party at the US Ambassador's house! And birthday party/pool party for the kids - please rain, GO AWAY! Oh yeah, and Canada Day, too!

had a wonderful time with her best friends on our mini getaway vacation. Location = perfection, due to the company. LOVE YOU GILRS!!

is sad Frank McCourt died... One of my most favourite authors... If you have not read Angela's Ashes yet... What are you waiting for?

is wondering what that big ball of fire in the sky is?

"YIAYIA! IT'S AWAKE!" Yup, I love it when my son refers to his baby brother as an 'it'. So funny!

is getting ready for Christos's 4th birthday party! Yahoo! Happy Birthday my baby love!! xoxoxo

had her car stolen at the Superstore today, as she watched it drive away - glad my boys were safe with me... but still... shitty. And then, I find out John Hughes died. This day is just not a good one!

had a blast in TO with her awesome friends... miss you guys already!

can't believe her baby boy is starting KINDERGARTEN in a few days! Hello? I have a school-aged child? What is that about? Oh yeah. I'm also turning 33 years old in a few days. Sob. Sob. Sob.

thinks everyone has to go to see Inglourious Basterds - best movie of the year, for sure! Quentin Tarantino is just amazing, as always. Go see this movie!

is in beautiful Washington, D.C. I love being in Bethesda... if I could live anywhere in the world besides where I live now, Bethesda would be it!

Glee is the best damn new show on TV!! Are you watching? Awesome!

had a great Saturday - Upper Canada Village with the family (and I totally want to be a pioneer... kind of... and had a lovely dinner at Zafy and Chris's house.

is half an hour early to pick up her KINDERGARTEN student from school! He did fantastic today - went happily, no tears. But me? Oh, I cried! And baby Dimitry was sad too, and wanted to go in the school with his big brother!

OH MY GOD. Patrick Swayze died.

is happy to report that Christos's first WEEK of KINDERGARTEN is over... and it was a brilliant success! YAY!

is counting down the days... until the Grey's Anatomy season premiere! Okay, fine, no more talking about that. I know, I know, I bore you all to death. No more Grey's talk. Until Thursday. And you know I'll be blogging about it. And then I'll stop. For real. Promise. Maybe one more mention tomorrow. Then that's it. Done. No kidding. Okay? Good. But surely I'm not the only one looking forward to Thursday night, right?

Breaking news - (this is for you, Gina) a Sweet Valley High movie is in the works!

still adores David Letterman, absolutely.

is neutral about the results of the Greek elections... my grandfather is VERY HAPPY and my dad is NOT HAPPY about the results - therefore, I'm staying quiet!

thinks it's cute that her son has his very first 'picture day' at school today! I can't believe I'm a mommy to a child who is old enough for 'picture day'! Yay for picture day! Next thing I'm excited for? Scholastic day! I can't wait to order books again! Those were the happiest day of school for me, Scholastic days. When the box would arrive with the new books? LOVED it.

had a fantastic day... and even stocked up on Apple Jacks!

still has no voice... surprisingly, the fact that I can't raise my voice at all today has made for a rather peaceful day with my children! Must remember this when I get my voice back...

will be handing out little bottle of Purell instead of Halloween candy this Saturday night.

will never get tired of hearing her 4 year old sing the Greek national anthem which turns into the Canadian natioanal anthem in English and French. So cute!

finally watched Twilight, and finally understands the obsession. I loved it! Now, I must read the books. And watch New Moon when it comes out!

is so excited! Red cups are back at Starbucks, baby! The funny thing is, everyone was SO EXCITED in line today... "OMG! Red cups are back!" Yay. My drink tastes... so much better!

is looking forward to Montreal!

GLEE! GLEE! GLEE! GLEE! GLEE! GLEE! GLEE! GLEE! GLEE!

LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED NEW MOOON!!!!! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

had the best ever Saturday with her family... one of those perfect days!

is finished her Christmas shopping for her boys, house is decorated, tree is up, and the Christmas cards have been sent out!

decided that this weekend, two weeks before Christmas, was the perfect weekend to paint our downstairs. Yeah, crazy. Now all our furniture is in the living room/dining room, along with ALL the toys. Looks like we just moved in! But I'm excited!

is so happy that Christos and Dimitry loved their first day of swimming lessons!!! Hooray!!!

lost one diamond earring from Tiffany & Co. I know I lost it in the house, but I can't find it ANYWHERE and I have looked EVERYWHERE. The only place I haven't looked? My baby's poop diaper, that is double bagged and in the garage now. Dare I look in the poo for my diamond earring, or order a new earring?

is so proud of her little kindergartener! I had tears throughtout his entire Christmas Concert... my little boy was the cutest little sheep ever! It was sooo emotional and just so beautiful!

THANKS to everybody for voting for me for the Canadian Blog Awards - I really appreciate it! I've made it to the TOP THREE for Best Family Blog!

Ottawa peeps - anyone else heard a HUGE explosion at 5 a.m. today?


There ya go - my 2009 in status updates! Here's hoping I use less exclamation points next year!

Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR, everybody! May 2010 be amazing for you all!

21 comments:

john cave osborne said...

lou lou -- that was great.

coupla things here... did you find the earring, and if so, did you do some digging? ew.

congrats on making the top three. incredible accomplishment.

don't use fewer exlamation points. you're enthusiasm is infectious.

happy new year! jco

T Rex Mom said...

That's pretty good! Indeed, you did mention Grey's Anatomy a lot! Exclamation points are fine - keeps life exciting!

Gina said...

notice how they got progrssively longer after you joined twitter?!

DCUrbanDad said...

LouLou this is a great idea. Kind scared to see the nonsense that comes off my finger tips. Have a wonderful New Year!!!!!

(Exclamation points just for you)

The Mommyologist said...

This is too funny. I have to admit I'm kind of scared to see what mine says because I tend to use my status update as a way to vent. I'm already wanting to crawl into a corner...

CalgaryDaddy said...

Great idea for a post. Quick summary! I love it.

Shane

Shana said...

Cute idea! I'm afraid I have too many to go back and see...I will have to find you on FB now!

Nenette AM said...

oh, brilliant idea, my dear! I'm afraid to look at my facebook status updates. a lot of complaining about being sick is all I'll see!

also? exclamation marks rock!!! I use them a lot too. :)

Looks like you had a fabulous 2009 -- I hope 2010 is even better for you and your beautiful family.

much love... xo

Stacie's Madness said...

same to you!!!

Elaine A. said...

Kinda funny how we can summarize our lives in just a few lines these days huh? Good post though - very fun to go back and read these!

Mad Mom said...

Sounds like you had a great year... full of Grey's and what could be better?? Makes me wonder how my year would be summarized... I think you just inspired another post! That'll be three today! Geeeeez!

Lady Mama said...

It's been a quite a year for you! I love the tweet where your son refers to his brother as "it's awake!" too funny! And congrats on making the top three - you totally deserve it. :)

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Krystyn said...

You are too cute.

And, no idea your car was stolen. Major suckage!

Pres. Kathy said...

What a blessed year you had. Hope you have a blessed 2010! Happy New year!

FalkFamily said...

Sounds like a fabulous year! Here's to an even better 2010!!! (oh, and I like exclamation points, too!)

Catwoman said...

Sorry I've been MIA... You need to look me up on Facebook, because I simply can't find you, so weird!!!

3LittleMonkeys said...

Great post! Best wishes to you and your beautiful family in 2010!

The Crazy Baby Mama said...

what a year-in-review!

Crystall said...

I love this idea. Hey, do you like Grey's? :) Ha ha! Me too! I was right with ya!
~Crystall
http://blahbittyblahs.blogspot.com

Kat said...

That was fun! -and I use too many exclamation points too. ;)

Oh my freaking word! You had your car stolen????? And watched it drive AWAY??? That is CRAZY!!!!

Hope your 2010 is wonderful! :)

Capital Mom said...

That is pretty funny.

Blog Designed by: NW Designs