Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Great Interview Experiment 2009

I am taking part in The Great Interview Experiement 2009 organized by Neil over at Citizen of the Month. (Along with oh, over 200 other bloggers!)

I had the pleasure of interviewing Corina from Down To Earth Mama. Corina is a mom of two, and she's a really talented writer - I'm glad I was introduced to her blog.

(The lovely Miss Wisabus interviewed me here!)

Without further ado... The Interview!

You mentioned on your blog that you are a worrier... as a mother, I have to say, I am, too - a constant worrier. And like you, it can consume my thoughts. How do you deal when you feel your worry is getting the best of you? Do you have ways to calm yourself down?

Honestly? Antidepressants. The worry I have is all consuming sometimes, and antidepressants really give me a kick start in dealing with them. Talking it out helps too, obviously, but I really need that biochemical boost. I try to remember and practice the Buddhist tenet of "no attatchment" whenever I am dealing with these issues as well.

What do you consider to be the most rewarding aspect of motherhood?

Watching their development and their persoanlities grow. To know that I have a part in raising awesome, independent and creative people.

What is the most challenging part about being a mom?

Mitigating fights and dealing with the whining that comes with it. I knew that motherhood was going to be tough, and I was prepared. I never realized that I would be qualified to work as a hostage negotiator or a diplomat.

Did you find the adjustment from one child to two children to be harder or easier than you expected?

It is about what I expected. I am a realist, so I knew what I was getting myself into. It takes maneuvering, creativity, and patience. Although, I must admit, there are days where we never leave the house because dealing with the Wise Guy on that particular day is draining enough, let alone dealing with the public element.

Your daughter recently started kindergarten this year - and your son, preschool. Who do you think it was harder for - your children, or you? My oldest son also started kindergarten this year, and I know he was very anxious about it, but I was an emotional wreck!

My daughter was FINE with going to kindergarten as she has always been very independent. My son was a bit more apprehensive in going to school (luckily I don't drop him off... his dad deals with that, otherwise I might have been much more of a wreck.) I must say, I shed a tear or a hundred, but it was more of the sentimental, "my babies are growing up", tears.

Before becoming a mom, what was your favourite job?

Teaching. I had a love, hate relationship with teaching, but I am a natural born teacher and I miss it sometimes.

What has been your favourite vacation so far?

My honeymoon. We took a tour of the SW National Parks. Witnessed a tornado in the Painted Desert, hiked Bryce, Zion, and the Grand Canyon. Wished we got to spend more time out there.

What do you love the most about blogging?

Being able to express my thoughts and feelings in an honest way. I love exploring the creativity of it all. I love the community that surrounds blogging. I have "met" some fantastic friends through blogging. And until you are in the world, you really can't understand that, yes, these people are not just in an imaginary world. These people are true friends and will stand by you no matter what.


Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Great interview~ you had some nice questions there. {I love that you are a worrier too. I just worry about ax murderers.}

Nena said...

Great post Loukia. I too, like you, am a BIG worrier! Good interview and great questions.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful interview! Very insightful questions and deeply moving answers.

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by my blog!

Pres. Kathy said...

Love the interview!

Chrissy MacCEO said...

Great interview! Looks like a lot of fun. I'll have to read your interview, too.

Like you, I am a big time worrier! We have so much in common!!

Chantal said...

Great interview!

Jessica said...

I loved your questions- fun and poignant! My favorite was the worrying, and I really appreciated her honest answer. Loved hearing about how other mothers do it with two close in age. :)

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

This was great thanks!

Lady Mama said...

You're such a good interviewer Loukia! Great questions. And I like Corinia's honest answers. And so true what she says about parenting taking "maneuvering, creativity, and patience" - spot on.

Corina said...

Sorry so late in commenting! I loved doing the interview here! Thanks, Loulou for the opportunity! I always say, I am nothing if not honest. (Mostly to a fault though.....)

Blog Designed by: NW Designs