Thursday, May 21, 2009

Too posh for my tots!

I have been thinking about getting a nice play structure for our backyard. I remembered this website I used to visit when I was pregnant, to get ideas for the nursery, called Posh Tots. They have beautiful furniture for babies and children, as well as great toys and outdoor play structures.

I mean, wouldn't a little boy love to have this gas station in his backyard?



I love it! But, um? It's just over 12,500 dollars! Guess I should keep looking, then...

Oh, look! This is just great - a dream tree loft house. I know my boys would spend hours out here, playing. Maybe they'll have so much fun playing together I'll even be able to cook a meal without burning something in the kitchen? I love it!



I think I'll order it. But um, wait - I can't be seeing right - this tree house is 24,900 dollars. Seriously? Okay. Still looking... because that's sort of out of my price range, you know.

Now I'm in love. I think I'll enjoy spending more time in this luxury playhouse then my boys will. I totally want this for my backyard:



But sadly, this gorgeous playhouse? (It's called the Oakmont Manor, in case you were wondering!) 21,000 dollars. Not going to happen. Unless I win the lottery of course. Then I'll buy two!

I'm not even going to mention how much fun I think all the kids in the neighbourhood would have in our backyard if I bought this play structure. Maybe if we all put our money together, we could afford it? I mean, it's only 122,730 dollars! And since summers are so short in Ottawa, I know we'd get great use out of it. For like, 30 days. So worth it, wouldn't you agree?

Now, I love the finer things in life, and I love to shop... but I think these are ridiculously priced! My husband could make that tree house himself... hmmm - I sense a weekend project coming up for him!

17 comments:

Mom2Miles said...

Those playhouses are nicer than my real house! Posh Tots is ridiculous. I got the catalog when I was pregnant just for kicks. There was this $12k carrot-shaped dresser... Maybe JLo could pick it up for her kids!

MamaJoss said...

I LOVE that site (though my purchases are few and far between $$$) -- I've never seen those "play houses" -- un-real. Seriously if you had THAT kind of money, just buy your kid a REAL house.

Chantal said...

LOL those are awesome. But awesome costs money eh! My brother is a carpenter/mason. Maybe he could start a side business!

cabadov said...

I love the whole treehouse idea too. It's insane the cost. The scary part is when you see one of these things in a neighours yard. Guess we're living in the wrong neighbourhood.

Cardboard boxes it is.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

PoshTots is one of my MOST favorite(est) mags!!!!!! I bought the light fixtures for my girls' rooms from there! so gorgeous!

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

oh wow-thats crazy, but darn they are just the cutest thing!!

Amy said...

I've never even heard of Posh Tots! If you want to see some more backyard bliss, check out http://www.cedarworks.com/. I ordered a catalogue just to drool, but there's also a fun online design tool.

Kelly said...

Those are really nice but overpriced. Costco has a nice wood play structure for $2000. Still expensive but 10% of Posh tot's cost.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Holy Moly... that thing looks bigger than MY house!

Stacie's Madness said...

HOLY CRAP. Those are some expensive playhouses...especially for my rough and tough boy that would probably pound holes in the walls and whatnot.

BeachMama said...

I love those playhouses, but they just aren't realistic for me.

But, the gas station, you could so do for much less. A little wood and some paint and you would be off, it would be an awesome project for a weekend.

Loukia said...

Yup, 12,000 dollars for a dresser is insane!

Joss - seriously! You're so right!

Chantal... I'll be his first customer if the price is right!

cabadov, LOL...

NICE, Tiaras and Tantrums - I want to see pics!

Kelly - I know, I totally want that. 2000 dollars is totally more acceptable!

Anna, I might get my husband to start a weekend project... hmmm... not a bad idea!

Stacie - my boys would totally destroy it, too!


Doctor Mommy... haha! Mine, too!

Elisa said...

Ok, I was SO going to check out this Posh Tots website, 'cause I love kids furniture and need to get a trunk bed for the girls... but now? Nothanks. I'll stick with Pottery Barn ;-)

Johnnie Avocado said...

Those are the coolest play houses. I want to move into one of them. HAHAHA

Nap Warden said...

OK, I'd move into some of those houses!

Jessica said...

I'm guessing that these businesses are gonna go out of bizness fast in these economic times.

Just find a refrigerator box and cut holes in it. Your boys will want to LIVE in that thing until it's frayed and crushed and time to find a new one to decorate! haha

Catwoman said...

Posh Tots is completely insane. Even funnier? That $122,000 play structure doesn't ship for 12 weeks! Won't the Ottawa summer be over by then??? ;)

Blog Designed by: NW Designs