Friday, May 15, 2009

Reaching for the stars

On our drive home the other night, my boys and I were listening to a children's version of Fly Me To The Moon (yes, seriously) and Christos was singing along, (so cute) as Dimitry was totally dancing in his car seat(for real).

"Christos," I said, "I don't ever want you to go to the moon."

"Why, mommy?" he asked.

"Because you'd be way too far away from me. Please don't ever become an astronaut."

"Okay, mommy. I don't want to be an astronaut. I want to be a street streeper."

My son, reaching for the stars. Such high aspirations my 3 year old has! I'm totally okay with that, too. Well, okay, not really, but it's better than going to the moon! Can you imagine how much I'd worry? I mean, okay, it would be pretty cool to be the mom of an astronaut, but I couldn't handle it. Not for a second!

9 comments:

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

ROFL! My daughter wants to work at either McDonalds or Wal-Mart for the discounts.

BIG DREAMS!! BIG DREAMS!

Linda

ModernMom said...

LOL Too cute!

Chelle said...

Hehe!

I swear, your boys are so adorable!

Summer said...

Taylor wanted to be a garbage man for a long time. That was fun.

As for my sevens...I got them at a resale shop!!!

And yes, Target shoes. I just got them, so they're still there. You need to get them!!!

Scary Mommy said...

Awwww, that's adorable!

Is it too much to ask that mine never even board a plane without me? Probably, huh?

Chantal said...

not that my kids are astronaut material but I was thinking the same thing last night while listening to the two new Canadian Astronauts being interviewed on the radio. I wondered how proud but how freaked out their moms must be!

Loukia said...

Jill - I so don't ever want them to fly without me, either! And actually, I don't think I can ever fly without them. Any trip I take without the kids has to be driving. ;)

Summer... I WISH we had Target in Canada! Damn it!

Chantal, no kidding... those must be some very proud (and scared?) parents!

Kelly said...

Too cute. I'm pretty sure my daughter thinks she is going to be a princess when she grows up. I really wish we had a target in Canada too.

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

very sweet - my son tells me he IS gong to the moon and that i am coming with him! I'm so okay with that!!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs