As a mom to two young boys, I've had to clean up my fair share of disgusting messes. Here, in no particular order, are my top 5 most hated messes I've had to clean-up:
1. Discovering the two raw eggs* my mom put in my Louis Vuitton had broken while I was in the elevator at work. I calmy walked out of the elevator and into the bathroom, where I washed my hands clean, and attempted to clean out my purse filled with raw egg grossness. Everyone was staring at me. "I had raw eggs in my purse." I told person after person. No one looked at all like they understood.
2. Discovering that my baby has taken a poop in the bathtub. Seeing floating pieces of baby poop in a bathtub filled with toys - and a baby who was clean two minutes before that - is not a fun clean-up job. Not at all. Baby comes out. He gets cleaned up. Bathtub gets drained. Bath toys get cleaned and disinfected. Bathtub gets a good clean-up. Then baby goes back in for another (short) bath. Do you realize this poop-in-the-bathtub thing has happend to me numerous times with both my children? Am I the only one this has happened to?
3. Realizing a bit too late that my baby is going to throw up all over me, the floor, and the bed, all within a matter of seconds. We've all had to clean up our children's vomit, but I find it incredibly hard to clean-up, don't you? And usually when this happens, baby is not feeling well, so you have that worry and concern on top of everything else. Change the sheets, clean up the floor, change your outfit, change the baby... it's all very tiring! (I will admit, though, that my husband is the best vomit-picker-uper ever!) I just freeze in the moment sometimes. Like, I'm overwhelmed by the mess and I don't know where to begin. So I just take care of the baby, and he does the dirty work!
4. Realizing it's been a few minutes since I've looked up to see my baby boy in his high chair. And realizing I left him alone with a plate of spaghetti and meatsauce. Oops. Enough said. (Okay, speaking about impossible to clean food messes - wouldn't you list rice as one of the hardest foods to clean up? It gets everywhere - sticks to the walls, the floors, the high chair, the baby... so annoying!)
5. Realizing that you are not going to make it home before your child throw's up in the car. All over himself. And the car seat. Let's just say - that is one heck of a mess to clean-up. Again, this has happened to me more than once.
What about you? Have you had any of these experiences? What do you consider an impossible mess to clean-up? What do you hate cleaning the most? Don't worry - nothing is too gross for me to hear! I have two kids, remember?
*I was out of eggs one day, so my mom put 2 eggs in my purse so the kids would have eggs for breakfast the next day, because it's what they love to eat the most in the mornings. Only she forgot to tell me she put the eggs in my purse... and I didn't discover this until that incident on the elevator. Thanks, mom!