Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My healthy purse obsession

As I'm sure you all know by now, I have a (healthy) obsession with designer handbags. I can't get enough of them. I always have a good reason to need a new purse, and I can justify the price because I use them all so often. They make me happy. My 2 favourite purses are my Fendi, and my Louis Vuitton.

I took such great care of my Louis when I first got it, even giving it it's own seat in restaurants when I could.

Then I had children. And my poor little Louis became a diaper bag of sorts. On a typical day, this is what my purse looks like:



I took the boys to a birthday party recently, and decided against bringing in the diaper bag. I forgot to switch to my over the shoulder more practical Coach, so I had to lug around my Louis in Cosmic Adventures. Which, man - what a bad idea! My purse, as you can see from the picture, is carrying: my baby's shoes, a container of wipes, a plastic cup, tickets for the games, a pink lulu bag with diapers, and well, lots and lots of other things. Seriously, though? What was I thinking?

Actually, this picture makes me realize how great a purse it is. It can carry all this on a daily basis, and still look good!

Which is more than I cay say for myself. I end up looking so worn-out after a day with my boys!

16 comments:

Elisa said...

This (aside from the price) is precisely why I only have 2 designer bags so far: a Botkier satchel and a LAMB clutch. Because spilled juice, cookie crumbs and all that somehow feel more acceptable on the bottom of an inexpensive bag ;-)

But now that the girls are a bit older, I'm ready to beef up my collection!

Loukia said...

I know... I currently have a smushed up lemon poppy seed loaf in the bottom of my LV. Once, I had a raw egg crack open in my purse too. Seriously, it's been through so much!

Now that your girls are older, you should treat yourself! ;) You deserve it, Elisa!

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Ha, ha, looks like my purse/work out bag/diaper bag.....really a louloulemon fashion bag.

MamaJoss said...

That's funny Lou...looks just like your image in your header too!! I'm envious of you...keeping your sense of style regardless of it's contents! LOL

See now I have the WORST luck with sunglasses and handbags...I refuse to invest anymore $$ into either!! Even pre-kiddies I'd always be so lucky to have a waiter spill something on my D&B bag or end up sitting on my sunglasses - oh well! Target bags and sunglasses for me...ugh.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

Maybe this is the reason I don't own a designer handbag. Unless you count my Fleurville diaper bag as designer!

A Crafty Mom said...

I have found the expensive bags really do stand up to anything, and my cheaper ones really get worn out in a year or two with all the kids' stuff thrown inside.

If that's not a good reason to get a new designer bag, I don't know what is :)

Stacie's Madness said...

yes, purses now make GREAT mommy bags. ;)

cute blog, thanks for stopping by mine!

amanda said...

i bet louie would be proud :)

happy belated mamas day!!

The Preppy Princess said...

This is great Miss Loulou, we love the conglomeration of things you managed to get inside it!

Too funny!
tp

Nap Warden said...

Keep rocking the bag girl! It looks great as a diaper bag in your header as well;)

Connie Weiss said...

I love them too but I only have two....A Kate Spade and a Juicy that I do use as a diaper bag because it is enormous!

Rebecca said...

that is the true story of motherhood - at best we can only hope not to forget the dirty diaper we had tucked inside it ;)

Catwoman said...

Ha! I'm sure Louis is rolling over in his grave! This is probably illegal in France, you know?

Who knew that an LV was so useful?

I'm jealous, I've only had fake ones... Sigh... I just can never warrant spending that much on a purse. But one day, oh one day, I will...

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I am right there with ya on the obession with bags--just makes me happy!
I love my light blue Coach diaper bag-it looks about like your Louis--stuff falling out all over the place!!

Tiaras and Tantrums said...

oh - I love handbags too!! Girl you just need to get the LV Neverfull bag - it's the perfect bag for moms!!

Tiffany @ Lattes And Life said...

I have one, only one designer purse. And it is all too often stuffed like yours!!! No cheap bag could stand up to what I've put that bag through!!!!

Blog Designed by: NW Designs