Thursday, March 5, 2009

A quick news update...

So when I first heard about Chris Brown beating up Rihanna, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. At first, I did not believe it. You know how many stories in Hollywood are untrue? I thought maybe they got into a verbal arguement and word leaked out and gossip spread and so on... well... turns out I was wrong... poor Rihanna was hurt bad. Most of us saw the brutal picture of her on the Internet. And then word got out that she went back to him, which I've read is very common - for abused women to go back to the people who abused them. I can't believe she did go back to him, especially after reading the reports today of how badly he hurt her. The full police report is on The Smoking Gun. It's pretty bad, and gives graphic details, so read at your own risk. I'm very upset over this story.


http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0305093brown4.html

In other news...

The Greyhound bus killer was found NOT GUILTY today. This is beyond horrific! He beheaded an innocent man on a bus while others watched in horror. And now this man is going to the hospital, not to prison where he belongs. He was found 'not criminally responsible for his actions.' Are you freaking kidding me? Who the hell was responsible then? Come on! Sometimes I have a real problem with Canada's legal system. CLEARLY the murderer was having a psychotic episode during the attack - no sane person just kills another person! But I hate the 'crazy person' defense, I really do. How many 'sane' people kill? UM - NONE! Therefore, shouldn't he go to prison? I don't want this man out on the streets again. He has to pay for his crime, I'm sorry. Imagine being the victim's family. And of course, who is going to help the other victim's, the innocent people on the bus who had to watch this happening? You better hope our medical system will pay for their therapy!

As well... one of our local TV stations has cancelled it's 6 and 11 o'clock newscasts. This is a sad day, indeed. (Happened a couple days ago, actually) I used to work at this TV station for several years, and a lot of the people they laid-off are hard-working, decent people. Management clearly should have been the ones getting the boot. They clearly had issues running the station for many years. Now instead of a night time newscast, the morning show is 4 hours long. From what I've read and heard, they lost a whole lot of viewers with the choice they made. And now, great, we have what, one local newscast to look forward to - at 6:30 p.m. - whose on-air talent is pathetic, to say the least!

No comments:

Blog Designed by: NW Designs